Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 30 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

A pun on Edun/Eden? Don't know a song as such, but there must be one out there.

I am thinking of the Harry Belafonte song from about 1956/7. If you've ever seen Beetlejuice (the film, not the ready to Supernova star), it's played over the end scene. I'm proper down with the kids me

Well, as others have said, a scrappy first half, with Edun our best player in the half.

Michael Appleton deserves a lot of credit for identifying what to do against Milton Keynes after the break, although if I was one of their supporters I would have been disgusted at their shambles of a display in the second half - but I would guess that on their Forum they will be complaining that Johnson shouldn't still have been on the pitch.

Have to say a player who scores a hat-trick is the man of any match, but otherwise I'd say Edun.

Little went right for Scully tonight, and Morton battled in vain for most of the match. In terms of effectiveness he reminds me of the way Hopper was playing when he came into the side last season. I wonder perhaps whether he's also still suffering from his long injury lay-off.

Bramall deserved to be credited with the goal, but after seeing it just a couple of times it looked as if the goalkeeper pushed the ball onto the post, it rebounded back onto him and went into the net. To be fair, Og was overdue a goal with only one this season before tonight.

I noticed Lewington was booked for them after the final whistle.

Re Howarth and Archibald's absence, Appleton said post-match that the former was suffering from blistered feet and Archibald was ill (not Covid).

Well, as others have said, a scrappy first half, with Edun our best player in the half.

Michael Appleton deserves a lot of credit for identifying what to do against Milton Keynes after the break, although if I was one of their supporters I would have been disgusted at their shambles of a display in the second half - but I would guess that on their Forum they will be complaining that Johnson shouldn't still have been on the pitch.

Have to say a player who scores a hat-trick is the man of any match, but otherwise I'd say Edun.

Little went right for Scully tonight, and Morton battled in vain for most of the match. In terms of effectiveness he reminds me of the way Hopper was playing when he came into the side last season. I wonder perhaps whether he's also still suffering from his long injury lay-off.

Bramall deserved to be credited with the goal, but after seeing it just a couple of times it looked as if the goalkeeper pushed the ball onto the post, it rebounded back onto him and went into the net. To be fair, Og was overdue a goal with only one this season before tonight.

I noticed Lewington was booked for them after the final whistle.

Re Howarth and Archibald's absence, Appleton said post-match that the former was suffering from blistered feet and Archibald was ill (not Covid).
Blistered feet? My God has the man no means to purchase footwear? this is 2021 !

I am thinking of the Harry Belafonte song from about 1956/7. If you've ever seen Beetlejuice (the film, not the ready to Supernova star), it's played over the end scene. I'm proper down with the kids me

Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)
Harry Belafonte
Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and we want go home
Day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day-o
Daylight come and we want go home
Work all night on a drink of rum
(Daylight come and we want go home)
Stack banana 'til the morning come
Come Mister tally man, tally me banana
Come Mister tally man, tally me banana
Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Day, is a day-o
Day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day-o
A beautiful bunch of ripe banana
(Daylight…

Things change quickly in football - our form in the last four games is better than Sunderland's. The comeback against Blackpool could turn out to be one of those moments where we give ourselves a massive boost but also psyche out our rivals , a la New Lawn 2016.