Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Milton Keynes Dons

Much needed composure was provided second half and hey presto the goals flowed from The MK mistakes. First time I've seen a team on the beach in early April.

Fantastic confidence booster going into the weekend. Need to keep grounded though as MK are a bit of an outlier in terms of how they play. The 'antidote' to Northampton.

Well done Imps though, great way to get back on track.

I think it was pretty much the complete / ideal performance against them. I know it wasn't ideal first half and scrappy but we could still have come in 2-0 up having watched them pass the ball about.

You are right the gameplan will be very different next game but also good to see us adapt to the opponent so well.

That's more like it!

Edun and McGrandles superb tonight, being in a 2 man pivot suit them better? Certainly seemed to play to both their strengths and as different types of players they complemented each other well. Edun miles better than Saturday. Really can't pick between them two and Johnson for MOTM which says it all, the three of them all 9s out of 10. Which also shows how well the formation tonight suited Johnson to.

Then there is Walsh. Only not in MOTM running as didn't have an awful lot to do. Said it last week, so important for us. Media seem to imply Bridcutt our most important player, not for me, it is Walsh. Rolls Royce of a defender. So much more composure at the back with him in. Need to wrap him in cotton wool. Class all evening again.

Brammall really coming on another positive. And Rogers showed a lot of quality. Still not convinced Poole should be ahead of Eyoma though must admit.

Few comments about Mortin and Scully, I actually thought both did well, didn't get any shots off but their pressing helped us no end.

Think we made a clever tactical change at start of second half. Let me them bring it a bit further forward before pressing, meant more space was then available behind when we won the ball. Well done to to the management team.

On another note, BBC Lincs get some stick... I thought Makepeace was very good tonight and him and Thommo work well as a pair.

Didnt take much upping of the pressure to dismantle a poor MK side ( aka Mogadons) trying to play football they weren't capable of.

For those of us, including me, who saw Johnson as a walking red card to be subbed at half time, aren't we glad its MA making those decisions.

Great, much needed confidence boosting win, and helpful results elsewhere though Oxford now on a roll.

McGrandles really stepping up as senior pro and midfield general, Edun did his bit tonight as well and was instrumental in the tempo change to win the game. Good match for Bramall, Johnson's terrific 2nd half, good performances from most of the squad elsewhere too.

Rest and then snuff out the Gas!

In the first half we were not at all good. We struggle against teams that press high and restrict us breaking through the centre and we were easily contained in the first 45.

Even I could see, and I usually pay little attention to this kind of thing, that they left three back, so our punts upfield were easily taken by their defenders. The only time we troubled them was when they gifted the ball to us.

From the start of the second half we put more pressure on their defence and sure enough they soon made another mistake for the breakthrough goal and the second killed the game, thank goodness. After that it could have been anything and we played with bags more confidence. So thanks to MK Dons for (hopefully) playing us into form.

MK Dons don't have the balance right with that sort of game, maybe it's down to their personnel? They broke through us in the first half quite a few times but whereas we would have had runners and chances from those positions they seemed to end up going backwards. I was a bit surprised as that Fraser of theirs is a very useful player.

And Steve Thompson was missing the point a bit. Possession football isn't just about attacking, it's a very effective way of defending too if you can do it right. But they had it wrong at both ends tonight.

And although Johnson could have received two quick cards which the ref let him off with, they also missed the fact that MK's Laird did exactly the same thing. I don't think they even knew on comms that Laird had been booked a couple of minutes before he went steaming into (I think) Poole.

Wow did not expect that 2nd half we are certainly back on song I think Walsh makes a big difference when he is playing.

Johnson and Rogers are real class really looking forward to the last 7 games and looking at Sunderland upcoming fixtures we can certainly catch them.

Blackpool A
Hull A
Accrington H
Blackpool H