Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 34 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

Have thought that myself- Montsma looks even better in a partnership with Welsh. Has more confidence going forward and on the ball too. Their partnership has looked more solid than Jackson/Montsma (not that we leaked goals with those two either)
Indeed my memory can be dodgy but have we not conceded a goal while they’ve been the partnership.

Jackson had been pretty faultless up until that one bad game. He'd had a MOM performance and marshalled the back line superbly in other matches.

Walsh benefits from being the current holder of the shirt and is a left footer so it's his place to lose at the moment.

looking at the table we have played 5 games at home where Posh, Tractor boys and Charlton have only played 3. Next weekend will show how well we are doing.

Well there really can't be much difference being home or away when everywhere is empty.
And I think we're actually doing better away so far, think so?

In all fairness to Edun, I missed the fact that he played the ball through to Johnson for his run that got the penalty (and an excellent one it was too).

Well done Tayo and I hope you don't mind the teasing if you ever search for your name in this match thread.

Jackson had been pretty faultless up until that one bad game. He'd had a MOM performance and marshalled the back line superbly in other matches.

Walsh benefits from being the current holder of the shirt and is a left footer so it's his place to lose at the moment.

Yes, either Jackson or Walsh alongside the majestic Montsma .... plus we have the excellent central defensive skills of Eyoma (even though he's currently outstanding at right back) not to mention Roughan & Melbourne who can both play there too.

A plethora of riches one might say?

In all fairness to Edun, I missed the fact that he played the ball through to Johnson for his run that got the penalty (and an excellent one it was too).

Well done Tayo and I hope you don't mind the teasing if you ever search for your name in this match thread.
edun's mindset seems to be to go for the difficult pass. good that he sees the pass, but often his passing technique doesn't match his vision. this hit and miss is fine when he is looking for a defence splitting pass from an attacking position. less fine when he is trying it from the defensive left back position into our midfield. all part of the learning process i suppose, but imo roughan has a better defender's mindset.

Sam Ellis scored ten penalties in the 1974/75 season (out of ten)
Ellis also scored ten in the 1975/76 season (out of eleven)

Akinde 'only' scored nine penalties (was that out of ten? Can't remember)

I don't know about earlier than the 1970s
Akinde missed one at Notts County.

Edun is nowhere to be seen. If the referee sees all of that lot, Nsiala would have been off with a straight red, McGrandles could have been off for a second yellow, and Eyoma would have picked up the yellow that appears to have been given in error to Edun.

Just watched it back again and Edun almost literally strolls up when it's all been going on for several seconds and after a few moments gets involved in pushing and pulling with one of the Ipswich players. But he certainly doesn't seem to be doing anything worse than anybody else and probably a lot less.

I think it is more about Montsma than Jackson. Maybe he is growing into English football and that coincided with Jackson's dismissal but Montsma looks much more comfortable next to Welsh. In my opinion. Which is all it is.

Wife is a Geordie and a big Newcastle fan, i have took great delight in telling her City are only 29 places behind them, probably the closest for decades¡
I'd say early 1983, when we were top like now and they were struggling in Div 2 - immediately prior to Keegan.

Have thought that myself- Montsma looks even better in a partnership with Welsh. Has more confidence going forward and on the ball too. Their partnership has looked more solid than Jackson/Montsma (not that we leaked goals with those two either)
Monsta visibly improves with every game, he adds 100k to his tag with each game ( not that I wish him to be sold). Starting to resemble a young Rio Ferdinand.