Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

Excellent win. Looks to be a really good team spirit. Love how players roam from positions to support each other but then another team mate makes sure the roaming player is covered.

Montsma and Walsh look to have formed an excellent partnership. Can see Jackson struggling to get in, which is mad when you consider his quality.

A decent piece on the game here from their local reporter, he got most of the comments right IMO.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/stu-says-lincoln-1-0-ipswich-1-6899766
There is also a great photograph of the melee under the section 'Red Mist': Nsiala (22) clearly has his hand in McGrandles' face, while Bridcutt attempts to drag McGrandles away by the back of his shirt. Eyoma is involved, Edun is nowhere to be seen. If the referee sees all of that lot, Nsiala would have been off with a straight red, McGrandles could have been off for a second yellow, and Eyoma would have picked up the yellow that appears to have been given in error to Edun.

You can see who the quality managers are... and those that aren’t. Lambert falls in to the latter. Slowed the game to a crawl, offering very little to what could/should have been a spectacle of free flowing attacking football. Virtually all their possession was in their own third. Has no cause to complain about the result, or anything contributing to it. On yer bike.

Ipswich fans are about 99% of the opinion that Lambert is crap. This one made me laugh though:

Toto - "Boss, how do you want us to play today?"

Lambert - "I want you to take the ball from Tommy... then pass it back to him. Tommy you then pass to Wils... Wils, you pass to Tommy. Andre, come get the ball from Toto.... then pass it to Wils. Jon, get on the ball.... stay on the ball... keep on the ball... pass it back to Toto. Toto, pass in back to Tommy. If we do this we'll win. Jon, if it goes tits up feel free to smash one of them and I'll buy you a pint after the game".

Ipswich fans are about 99% of the opinion that Lambert is crap. This one made me laugh though:

Toto - "Boss, how do you want us to play today?"

Lambert - "I want you to take the ball from Tommy... then pass it back to him. Tommy you then pass to Wils... Wils, you pass to Tommy. Andre, come get the ball from Toto.... then pass it to Wils. Jon, get on the ball.... stay on the ball... keep on the ball... pass it back to Toto. Toto, pass in back to Tommy. If we do this we'll win. Jon, if it goes tits up feel free to smash one of them and I'll buy you a pint after the game".
😂🤣👍👏

looking at the table we have played 5 games at home where Posh, Tractor boys and Charlton have only played 3. Next weekend will show how well we are doing.

Posh have Burton and Shrewsbury at home in their next couple of games.

Like others have mentioned, it’s been an amazing start even if we don’t get many/any points out of Crewe/Donny away. Still trying to get my head around us trying to consolidate being a Lge One club at present, let alone challenging at the top and looking like a real team (so far).

looking at the table we have played 5 games at home where Posh, Tractor boys and Charlton have only played 3. Next weekend will show how well we are doing.

I noticed this too. I just can’t really get my head round whether home / away is much of a factor without crowds. Maybe we’ll get a feel for that this week.

Excellent win. Looks to be a really good team spirit. Love how players roam from positions to support each other but then another team mate makes sure the roaming player is covered.

Montsma and Walsh look to have formed an excellent partnership. Can see Jackson struggling to get in, which is mad when you consider his quality.

Have thought that myself- Montsma looks even better in a partnership with Welsh. Has more confidence going forward and on the ball too. Their partnership has looked more solid than Jackson/Montsma (not that we leaked goals with those two either)

Another excellent performance we look really solid at the back and with the likes of Bridcutt, Grant and Johnson the team we are always going to create chances.

Montsama is looking better every week wins everything in the air and is good with the ball at his feet.

this time 5 years ago we had games against Braintree and Bromley so hard to get my head around that we are now top of league 1 and above the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey and Charlton.

the team are so well drilled and appear to be improving every week but two tough away games to come would be happy with 3 points from them.

UPTI