Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

We cannot even beat a 2nd string Ipswich team we are heading down and down and Akinde is not a League 1 striker.

We desperately need O Connor and Morrell back in midfield and I am starting to have real doubts about Payne gives the ball away too much for me.

Felt like that as always going to happen, been one of those days (not just the football).

Some time off to regroup, get the injured fit again - hope Bruno's injury not too bad, try and figure out why some of those who were impressive early in the season are no longer and rediscover their collective mojo.

Assume the game Bolton are playing that the match won't be on the 30th - tho they may fancy their chances and go for it.

Set pieces are awful never beat the first man, we had numerous chances tonight and could not put one away so we only have ourselves to blame.

At least we have a break to get the walking wounded back but at present everything that can go wrong seems to be going wrong.

We cannot even beat a 2nd string Ipswich team we are heading down and down and Akinde is not a League 1 striker.

We desperately need O Connor and Morrell back in midfield and I am starting to have real doubts about Payne gives the ball away too much for me.

It was also very much our alternative team

Some time off to regroup, get the injured fit again - hope Bruno's injury not too bad, try and figure out why some of those who were impressive early in the season are no longer and rediscover their collective mojo.
To be fair, some of our early season wins came with some scares.
We aren't nasty enough. Roll on January.

Its what happens when you have strikers that couldn't hit 4 barns doors in a line. Cause dipswitch fans will be giving it large. Probably the worst forward line we have had, and I include Les Fattersby in that.

We’ve created several good chances against ITFC across two games, and have only taken one of them. At our level, or in Cup comps, you can’t afford to do that and not be punished. End of. We should have won both games comfortably. Something has to change. Hopefully that will arrive in January.

well that about sums up this season
Hopefully we’ve some reinforcements for up top
Does that result put the Bolton postponement game back into the spare Saturday??

Bolton haven't rearranged any of their 3 in hand games have they? I bet they're waiting as long as possible to rearrange them and the o so weak efl are letting them, nearly as bad as our attacking threat tonight