Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

Sounds fairly poor now from both sides. I think we started better, pity Akinde missed the chance when we were on top.
Think a goal either way may settle it 2nd half.

We are putting the effort in, chasing to get the ball back and have had the better chances. Shame big John couldn't put his chance away. Gone a bit flat since Bruno went off.
I just hope Ipswich haven't sat back, soaking up the pressure, then catch us napping in the second half.
A couple of glimpses from them towards H/T but we're struggling to score and they don't look too interested, at the moment.

Wonder if the enforced substitution affects MApp's plans for the second half, could have seen Walker or even Bozzie early on, but less scope for that now? COYI!!!

BBC are running live text on their website, I had to laugh at their comment on our game ‘Lincoln should be ahead in this one and how they aren’t is because John Akinde can’t hit the target.’ Don’t we know it ?.

Followed by
"Ipswich survive going behind once more and it's former Imp James Wilson who spares their blushes.

He makes a key interception with his head from a cross that John Akinde was waiting to nod home."

A bit presumptious that Big John would have done that.

Still knocking, longer it goes on, more frustrating it gets.

Very frustrating indeed. It's been a fairly long time since we've had a side so inept in front of goal. Thankfully we're an organised solid defence!