Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

I would love to know how Danny and Nicky would have got on with this squad, I really cannot see them of doing much better. As Clive said in his interview 22 goals conceded before Appleton and now less than a goal a game under Appleton. Just need a boost in the Defensive Midfield Area, Wing and Attack and I think we will be more than ok.
They lost 5 of their last 6 in charge, so not very well.

They lost 5 of their last 6 in charge, so not very well.

Reading some of the posts on here, Twitter and Facebook that Seems to have been forgotten.

All i keep seeing is these players (and of course the messiah brothers) took us top with no goals conceded.

Yes this was after 3 games, I’m sure most teams in most leagues will win three is a row with clean sheets (probably except southend)at some point in the season, we just managed to do it in the first 3 games.

As the game wasn’t on I-Follow and was during the night for me, I decided not to listen in on radio. Have to say though, given our recent performances and results, I fully expected to wake up and find we had performed well, failed to score, then been hit with a sucker punch at the end. That’s just the way it seems to be going at the moment, even allowing for Ipswich putting out a team and a reported performance that screamed “not interested - haven’t won an FACup game in 15 years - come and take it if you want“. Sorry to be so glum but I feel that way at the moment. Too early to tell if MA is right for the job, and I did say I would reserve judgement until Christmas. I do feel sorry for him given the squad he inherited, at the time he inherited it, the injuries, the awful fixture programme we’re having this season, etc. But I do think the players have lost a bit of passion and physicality and (dare I say it) gamesmanship. Maybe he likes to play pretty football within the rules, but how many times have we played teams like that in the last two or three years and been critical of them, much preferring our more physical and passionate style. in addition, I do think that Harry Anderson is a bit of a lost soul at the moment and the Cowley’s clearly knew how fill him with confidence to get the best out of him. Just a few random thoughts and I dearly hope it all clicks - well maybe in two or three weeks time when the EFL decide we are allowed to play again ???

Francis Bacon? Unusual for a monkey to have both a christian and surname! Usually something like Chuckles or Clyde!