Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City

Also, can we get Palmer practicing pens in case they come up in the playoffs? I dunno if Wilks had already decided to go that way, but Palmer was already down on the other side by the time it rolled over the line.

Also, Charlton and Blackpool both lost, the latter to our opponents on Tuesday. They were in absolutely crazy form and have had a couple of bad results - so the floor of the playoffs hasn't really changed. Posh and Hull get away but it was always likely.

Deserved the draw, but we lost and that's why Hull are going up and we aren't - not directly, anyway.

Final balls let us down in a good second half, but the injured senior players are gradually coming back and we need to keep positive and on to the Shrews, who seem to be coasting to the season's end - but we need to hit full intensity against them.

Ive nothing against Poole... but i think Eyoma, right now, is significantly better. Its not close.
Its easy to look at the moment that lost the game rather than the over all picture. Hull did not target Poole as a weakness and neither did they monopolise the play around that part of the pitch . Poole contributed towards a fine Imps performance that bodes well if we make the play offs. In my view blaming Poole for the defeat today is exposing a lack of understanding of how the game works.

Ive nothing against Poole... but i think Eyoma, right now, is significantly better. Its not close.

We do have the slight problem of only having 2 fit centre backs at the moment, eyoma being on of them.

But, your right, Appleton would play Poole over Eyoma anyway.

At the end of the day, disappointing. All three goals could probably have been defended better, but the momentum seemed to be with us before the penalty. We competed well with the team at the top, so can't argue with that

The lad aint good enough, simple. 25, should be in his prime. He hasn't got what it takes at this level, eventually you will see it.

I just think it's funny that you know all about it but Appleton can't see it when he's forgotten more about football than most of us know. I think we would have had the same conversation about Edun six months ago and a lot actively did on here. Poole been thrown in in January, having played in a back 5 for quite a while and now playing as an attacking RB in a 4.

Still a dumb challenge today but there's always the Sunday League bullshit spouted or crowing about how terrible our players are when there's half a chance.

Poole struggled today against a top level l1 team/lower level championship team. If that is where we are aiming... his heading technique and passing technique need to be worked on, and we might have a right back as good as eyoma ready for next season. Confident Appleton can improve him.

overall the task is now simplified for this season. NailPlayoffs

The lad aint good enough, simple. 25, should be in his prime. He hasn't got what it takes at this level, eventually you will see it.
And by inference, Jez George and Michael Appleton aren't able to see it either?

Poole made one silly mistake which cost us the game, but most on here on Tuesday reckoned he had his best game so far and really looked the part.

One loss and the scapegoat hunters are out again.