Match Thread: Lincoln City v Grimsby Town | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Grimsby Town

Grimsby appealing red card of violent conduct by the goalkeeper.

Seriously! They have to be joking! His studs were clearly up as he slid in and he catches Danny! Are they drunk or something. I think a 4 game ban is on it's way for a spurious appeal. What a bunch of clowns the video is even more damning than the real time!

They must be desperate and have no faith in Russell that's all I can say.

Seriously! They have to be joking! His studs were clearly up as he slid in and he catches Danny! Are they drunk or something. I think a 4 game ban is on it's way for a spurious appeal. What a bunch of clowns the video is even more damning than the real time!

They must be desperate and have no faith in Russell that's all I can say.
I hope for his sake they don't use the angle from that cod fan's vlog from behind the goal.

Even so, was he also not the last man, and for this reason would have received the red card. If Danny Rowe had got past the keeper then it would have been an open goal.

I don't think that really matters if the challenge is dangerous. And if so, it wouldn't be grounds for the card to be rescinded.
Should have used olive mate, lol!!!!
Definite red for me too, the only ones who think he got the ball are their fans ( one hundred yards away) and their management team clearly( similar distance).
Terrible challenge.
O'Connor was lucky IMHO too.

Even so, was he also not the last man, and for this reason would have received the red card. If Danny Rowe had got past the keeper then it would have been an open goal.
Yes it would, but the ball wasn't there. The keeper actually stopped the ball from getting past him. I still see no way that it will be overturned, but I really don't care unless he will miss a game against one of the chasing pack!

Yes it would, but the ball wasn't there. The keeper actually stopped the ball from getting past him. I still see no way that it will be overturned, but I really don't care unless he will miss a game against one of the chasing pack!
He will - their next two games are against Mk Dons and Newport. Having said that, Newport are now 16 points behind us.

I don't think that really matters if the challenge is dangerous. And if so, it wouldn't be grounds for the card to be rescinded.
You'll like this. One plonker on The Fishy reckons Rowe was to blame (illiteracy left in):

"there player was just as much to blame as he just kept going looking for a foul.."

I don't know how many footballers deliberately put themselves in the way of two sets of flying studs just to get a free kick, but it is somewhere between none and none.

You'll like this. One plonker on The Fishy reckons Rowe was to blame (illiteracy left in):

"there player was just as much to blame as he just kept going looking for a foul.."

I don't know how many footballers deliberately put themselves in the way of two sets of flying studs just to get a free kick, but it is somewhere between none and none.

Let's be honest you don't need a lot of the old grey matter between your ears if you a gutting fish all day do you?

This is what the FA websire states and this is why I can't see an appeal working. Look at what happened with Ellis earlier in the season.

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

If you look at the viseo explain how they believe this will be overturned on the basis of this. It doesn't matter if it was two footed or not or whether he got the ball or not! Do people not understand the modern rules or are they living 20 years ago?

Big Percy would but I don't think the free kick was the first thing on his mind.

This is what the FA websire states and this is why I can't see an appeal working. Look at what happened with Ellis earlier in the season.

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Using that definition, they have no chance of overturning it. Without doubt, it was a lunge through the ball regardless of whether he touched it or not, and Rowe was just the other side of the ball.