Match Thread: Lincoln City v Grimsby Town | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Grimsby Town

Amazing tho isn't it?. Fouled from behind, win free kick, no card given to fouling player, take to long over free kick, get booked!
Goalkeepers fart about taking goalkicks/drop kick, nothing said!
Get a tap on the shoulder, go down like a sack of spuds, win free kick, simples!

Wonder if his move to China will be back on in a few weeks' time...?

Seems like DC may have called the Woodyard move correctly, i.e. not a great move for him football-wise. Take no pleasure from saying that as he's a good player and was obviously a terrific servant for us. No doubt the Cowleys would get him back here in a heartbeat if things really did go pear-shaped for him at Posh.
Plus they still owe us a chunk of money on the deal!

Vlog from a Grimsby town fan of yesterday's game- decent relatively balanced vlog however it has a birds eye view of O'Connor's challenge on Ohman at 00:43. That could easily have been a red card so we maybe got lucky there.

Without being biased here O’Connors eyes are on the ball and the Swedish guy is nowhere near the ball to win a header.

Should the Grimsby centre half of recieved a second yellow after Akinde was taken out?

That vlog 03:30 gives a very good angle of exactly why McKeown got sent off. Wild, two footed, raised studs - unarguable three match ban. Imagine an outfield player making that challenge.

Without being biased here O’Connors eyes are on the ball and the Swedish guy is nowhere near the ball to win a header.

Should the Grimsby centre half of recieved a second yellow after Akinde was taken out?

It wasn't reckless in terms of intent (at least as I see it) but O'Connor was moving at speed and in the air and had limited control of his actions.

Tomorrows fish and chip paper really but was a better view than I had from U4

Good vlog that, with some great alternative views.

I think everyone's in agreement with the keepers red card, no doubt.

Couldn't see the O'Connor incident from my view, but from that angle it could have easily been a red. Yes his eyes are on the ball but there's doubting his elbow is high and with his speed it could be deemed dangerous play.

Still not sure why our 2nd was chalked off, was there a balantant foul I missed somewhere?

I think he should. Looked a straight yellow to me.