Match Thread: Lincoln City v Gillingham | Page 47 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Gillingham

Well I slept on it and I’m still bloody annoyed. The big thing for me is that I got caught up in all this hopes and dreams bollocks. After 56 years of support, and at my age, this may well be the best chance I get to see my team play in the Championship. We know from history that chances like this don’t come around very often for us Imps and I dared to dream. Every defeat hurts for all of us (or at least it should) but losing last night changes nothing, I will still be yelling at the telly come Saturday afternoon (morning for me). COYI.
There's still a good chance we could be a championship club next season still 33 points to play for so don't give up hope yes we've hit a blip but I'm confident the management and team will turn it around starting on Saturday
Watch this space

This season still has a lot of twists and turns left in it, don't discount anything. Who would have believed Lincoln, Portsmouth and Doncaster would all hit the skids together, and who would have believed Burton Albion's fantastic recovery?

Well I slept on it and I’m still bloody annoyed. The big thing for me is that I got caught up in all this hopes and dreams bollocks. After 56 years of support, and at my age, this may well be the best chance I get to see my team play in the Championship. We know from history that chances like this don’t come around very often for us Imps and I dared to dream. Every defeat hurts for all of us (or at least it should) but losing last night changes nothing, I will still be yelling at the telly come Saturday afternoon (morning for me). COYI.

Don't worry USA Imp the hopes and dreams will always be there whether we are top or bottom, in this league, or any other. It's what makes us Imps fans. A lot has been said and a lot of sharing of frustration and emotion on this thread. But the reality is we all know where we were four years ago. Today we are third in League 1 having a bad run, with some key players having been out injured for a while.

Like you, I'll be there on Saturday morning in front of the TV with my coffee and the hopes and dreams kicking into gear. And whether we get automatics (not likely), into the playoffs (probably) or relegated (it is Lincoln) I'll be there next season and the season after that doing my little bit to encourage the team.

An earlier point was made that while we are not in the ground, players, management, and club staff, probably do read these boards as a place to gauge fan viewpoints, so let's make sure everyone involved in the club know we are here through thick and thin. From such commitment, great clubs are made.