Match Thread: Lincoln City v Gillingham | Page 35 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Gillingham

the 2 gillingham games sum it up. total turnaround in 6 weeks.
sunderland and oxford next.
looks like the blip was the crewe game.

Not policing you mate, just saying it’s a ridiculous comment mr.keyboard warrior.

Think it’s time to avoid the match thread for a while - some ridiculous comments tonight. Poole getting slated early doors, when he was putting some decent balls in and was obviously under instruction to put in early balls.

We haven’t been awful, but Gillingham have got it right on the night - we knew what we had to do with their lineup and we couldn’t do it.
We have been awful.

Not policing you mate, just saying it’s a ridiculous comment mr.keyboard warrior.

Think it’s time to avoid the match thread for a while - some ridiculous comments tonight. Poole getting slated early doors, when he was putting some decent balls in and was obviously under instruction to put in early balls.

We haven’t been awful, but Gillingham have got it right on the night - we knew what we had to do with their lineup and we couldn’t do it.

is ok you will come round to our way of thinking it’s only time.

oh I am not a keyboard warrior I am also a twat in real life. But fuck it I don’t care

Night all. Up at 5 for work and jab at 9. I hope you are all well and those over 50 like me had a jab. Take care.

Not sure where we go from here but it’s not over yet. I’m sure we’re paying a manager enough to decide.

Pleased you are getting your jab tomorrow, the whole vaccination programme so far in this country, has been an incredible success, far more important than football. Take care.

So, do I carry on the age old ritual, of getting up at 3am to watch us play, at Sunderland on Sunday? For the first time in years I’m going to say no and sleep through. I know that I’ll be up and watching, feeling the despair of another 90 minutes of utter shite as our best chance of tier two football continues to plummet away, but for the moment it feels good to have that control.

At the start of the season we would have been happy to be in the play off positions with 11 games to go.
I think the problem is that we are in freefall, which is really not the way to go into the playoffs. After being in the top 2 for most of the season, our expectations were reset and this has to be a disappointment by anyone's standards.

A good team does not become a poor team in just a few weeks but the Imps will now have to show plenty of courage to battle their way back into some form to ensure a play off place. Come on the Imps we can do it.

Picking on the two new signings is a bit poor taste. The whole team has suffered, our 1 million pound centre back from October/November looks like we would struggle to give him away.

We have lost our way, small squad, congested fixture list, injuries, players out of form. It’s a freak season in terms of games, but demonstrates a lesson that we need a bigger squad if we want to maintain a challenge.

We are all grumpy, but let’s not be too radical.

I do actually think we played better tonight than we did on Saturday, but you have to take your chances and defend better.

Onward to the next two games at Sunderland and Oxford. Honestly most will expect losses there so being underdogs and away will probably suit us so you just watch us come away with 6 points from those games now

I think the problem is that we are in freefall, which is really not the way to go into the playoffs. After being in the top 2 for most of the season, our expectations were reset and this has to be a disappointment by anyone's standards.
Really cant see us making the playoffs. We are no threat to anyone . We make ordinary teams look good.

It's true. I'm just pleased we've gone into freefall from top rather than mid-table though. Steve Tilson says hello.