Match Thread: Lincoln City v Gillingham | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Gillingham

Bugger. That's vexing, was hoping we wouldn't have too much of a fixture pile-up and if the weather is still bad Sat might be in doubt too.

Ah well, can savour the anticipation of giving Steve Evans an apoplectic fit for a little longer.

Of course with our budget we should have got the game on because Gillingham only pay their players £50 a week and their ground staff work for tea and biscuits and they would have got the game on!

I see in their local rag Evans was banging on about budgets again. Mind you reading some of the fan comments even they think he's like a stuck record and all blah blah blah!

Shame. Was looking forward to putting my feet up this evening and watching. I think that the storm is still going to be around for a couple of more days so let's hope they can dry the pitch out for Saturday.

I remember years ago, Darlington invested in thousands of worms to help the drainage problem at the Feethams. But they bought the wrong sort of worm and they all drowned. Sad story. 😢

Yep, was looking forward to that.

Guess I can watch the Shrews take on Southampton, lol. Can't see them getting the 0-1 away day special there. Or Derby getting hammered at home.
Just not the same as watching the Imps.

For purely selfish reasons I'm not too disappointed. My lad is performing a piano concerto over the internet tonight (don't ask) which would have completely clashed with the first half and I was dragged into being page turner for the music score.

Bearing in mind I can't read music and I would have been distracted by wanting score updates from my good lady strategically placed in the background; I guarantee it would not have ended well for mini Mozart; in addition to me missing the match.

For purely selfish reasons I'm not too disappointed. My lad is performing a piano concerto over the internet tonight (don't ask) which would have completely clashed with the first half and I was dragged into being page turner for the music score.

Bearing in mind I can't read music and I would have been distracted by wanting score updates from my good lady strategically placed in the background; I guarantee it would not have ended well for mini Mozart; in addition to me missing the match.
Ok, you win the award for Most Interesting Evening Plans!

Of course with our budget we should have got the game on because Gillingham only pay their players £50 a week and their ground staff work for tea and biscuits and they would have got the game on!

I see in their local rag Evans was banging on about budgets again. Mind you reading some of the fan comments even they think he's like a stuck record and all blah blah blah!

Does Evans just work extra hard on always being a complete w⚓?

It is disappointing that the game is off, but we would have played several more home games than away after the next couple of weeks, so at least this balances home and away games up a bit better later in the season.

Disruption seems to be the order of the day at the moment, so I suppose Lincoln have been fairly fortunate to date. With all the terrible news of the virus, deaths, floods etc the match will probably be postponed for a plague of locusts next week.

Fingers crossed that things will begin to improve once more people are vaccinated. It is barely believable that it is nearly a year since we watched a live home game. Looking forward to attending a game in person at some stage in the future. UTI

Was really looking forward to the game, what a pity.

The drainage infrastructure seems shot, has anyone thought we might consider moving to a new ground? :pinch: