Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

FT. Well, that wasn’t overly enjoyable until the substitutions. Bishop is pure class - two games and two superb performances. Hope he has a massive season for us and can maintain his fitness. The one that surprised me was Adulekan - not been overly impressed with him so far, especially his fitness and sharpness, but once he found his feet today and got the range of his passes he was excellent. Played a very free role but that is partly what confused Fleetwood I suspect - they weren’t sure quite what his role and position was. Almost forgot Scully - two superbly taken goals 👏. I’m sure MA will have a lot to say to the players between now and Tuesday, but at least they responded and showed the character from last season. Think the crowd played their part as well 👏👏. Onward and upward Imps.

That was a very good result considering it wasn't really deserved on the balance of play.

Because of the disrupted pre-season it's like we haven't even started properly and there's a lot of imprecision in the passing and especially those (overused today) long switches of play. We were very careless at the back, especially in the first half.

Adelakun still looks a bit clumsy so far, but potentially dangerous, and Bishop was Grant-like when he came on.

The first goal we scored was real quality, out of keeping with the overall showing, but the way the penalty was conceded was high comedy, what the hell was their defender doing? Even if he'd arrived at the ball on time he would have still clattered Edun.

We can be very inventive going forward and showed some flashes of it. Fleetwood played well and correctly, but without the feeling they could do too much exciting with the ball. I expect Morton will do quite well for them as he's more suited to a style of play where the ball goes into space and he can run onto it and with it.

That was a very good result considering it wasn't really deserved on the balance of play.

Because of the disrupted pre-season it's like we haven't even started properly and there's a lot of imprecision in the passing and especially those (overused today) long switches of play. We were very careless at the back, especially in the first half.

Adelakun still looks a bit clumsy so far, but potentially dangerous, and Bishop was Grant-like when he came on.

The first goal we scored was real quality, out of keeping with the overall showing, but the way the penalty was conceded was high comedy, what the hell was their defender doing? Even if he'd arrived at the ball on time he would have still clattered Edun.

We can be very inventive going forward and showed some flashes of it. Fleetwood played well and correctly, but without the feeling they could do too much exciting with the ball. I expect Morton will do quite well for them as he's more suited to a style of play where the ball goes into space and he can run onto it and with it.
I agree about Morton to be fair the best I've seen him play

Not to rely too much on a cliche but that was very much a game of two halves. Good three points in the bag, some obvious positives and some obvious things to focus on before Tuesday. We are probably at least a month away from everything clicking but if we can keep making adjustments and picking up points along the way we should be in the mix at the end of the season.
Also if any other clubs are reading this, Edun is shite and is no way a league one player, can’t see what all the fuss is about. Best to scout elsewhere really. 😉

got going last 25, very impressed with bishop & edun, scully, bridcutt all played well - result definitely flattered us though. unfortunately the same old suspects not up to it. for all the credit I gave bramall at gillingham he regressed again today.. & poole just not at the level required. Mcrgrandles surprisingly poor again too.

For the first time in months I can say just back.....
Obviously we are work in progress etc. But taken as a game on its own, we were shocking. First half was awful with little or no forward movement. Fleetwood easily worthy of their lead.
The second half was much better but only because we were so bad first half. First shot on target and we score. To be fair it was actually a great move with the ball moved swiftly across the front line and Scully finally getting into space and receiving a nicely weighted ball from Edun. The finish was terrific. Game on.
The winner came courtesy of a great run from Edun who on turning the ball back was upended for a needless penno. Step up Scully and he showed how a pen should be taken.
A greatfully received three points from what will hopefully be our worst performance of the season.
Still as always, when it’s three points in the bag, it’s been a great day.
UTI 👊💥

Time to bite my tongue again. Some people and their digs at certain players...

We all have our opinions on certain players, Jules, though some are only going to see things that confirm their previous views.

If we have a look at today's game I, for example, can't understand why Poole is getting any stick, he had a reasonable game.

The other main target, Bramall, didn't have a good half at all at either end of the pitch. We almost conceded when he dwelt on the ball in our own penalty area and Morton knocked it on to another Fleetwood player who should have scored. Nevetheless Bramall was doing what he could in an unfamiliar position.

Neither of these players deserve personal criticism, if others don't think they're good enough it's irrelevant as it's not their fault that they're playing in the team.

For me, for example, I still don't think Melbourne has shown himself good enough for this level. He might improve more (he's better now than he was last year) and surprise me, but if he stays he'll be the 4th choice centre back if everyone else is fit. But I wouldn't criticise a lack of ability, players do the best they can under their own limitations.

Last edited: