Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

Conceding 12 goals in 5 games tells its own story. Personally I think the two full back signings unsettled our existing defensive players as they knew they were permanent signings and would eventually take their place.

The back five of Palmer, Eyoma, Montsma, Walsh/Jackson, and Edun had developed a real understanding that disappeared when Poole and Bramall started to come in for some games.

We also suffered going forward - the teamwork Eyoma and Edun had with players in front of them was lost, with Poole and Bramall not integrating as well.

We need to put Johnson back up front in place of Rogers. Both are luxury players, and you can't carry two of those in a side when the side is struggling. Sanders, Jones, and MacGrandles in midfield for me, with Johnson, Hopper and Morton or Scully up front.

Our only chance of a top two finish is not to fall too far behind P'boro and Hull by the time Grant and Bridcott are fit. Until then we need to grind out results.

Conceding 12 goals in 5 games tells its own story. Personally I think the two full back signings unsettled our existing defensive players as they knew they were permanent signings and would eventually take their place.

The back five of Palmer, Eyoma, Montsma, Walsh/Jackson, and Edun had developed a real understanding that disappeared when Poole and Bramall started to come in for some games.

We also suffered going forward - the teamwork Eyoma and Edun had with players in front of them was lost, with Poole and Bramall not integrating as well.

We need to put Johnson back up front in place of Rogers. Both are luxury players, and you can't carry two of those in a side when the side is struggling. Sanders, Jones, and MacGrandles in midfield for me, with Johnson, Hopper and Morton or Scully up front.

Our only chance of a top two finish is not to fall too far behind P'boro and Hull by the time Grant and Bridcott are fit. Until then we need to grind out results.

Astute.

Both full backs needed a rest, TJ had certainly lost some zip.
Personally, I thought Jones was dreadful last night. No idea where his early season form has gone. He is a pretty big fella and not the quickest, so it really shows when it's not happening for him. He would be back on the bench for me on Saturday, replaced by Sanders or Tayo.

Certainly Rogers, although technically able, doesn't have much commitment or positional sense. Give Archibald a chance until Harry Anderson is fit - hopefully MA will give him more than the few minutes he had before his injury.

I have said it before, but not sure Appleton is keen on Archibald. Last three games he has been a sub and not been used once. Should have been given a few minutes last night especially when we needed that equaliser. He must be fit enough as he's been around for three games now, so what's the problem?

Both full backs needed a rest, TJ had certainly lost some zip.
Personally, I thought Jones was dreadful last night. No idea where his early season form has gone. He is a pretty big fella and not the quickest, so it really shows when it's not happening for him. He would be back on the bench for me on Saturday, replaced by Sanders or Tayo.

I thought Jones was excellent for the first 30 minutes, put himself about and got properly stuck into some challenges. After that though the game seemed to pass him by.

I thought Jones was excellent for the first 30 minutes, put himself about and got properly stuck into some challenges. After that though the game seemed to pass him by.
He's clearly struggling to regain the fitness levels he had pre-covid, he's one who seems to be suffering from a slow recovery. I'll wager his VO2 max stats are much lower.

Hopefully training and playing will gradually bring him back to full fitness.