Match Thread: Lincoln City v Exeter City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Exeter City

A better performance than many would have expected, and after a slow start. Should have won in the end, but good to score in the first game and get something up on the board. A tougher test coming up next match, so that will be a good measure of where we’re at.

I enjoyed much of that display. A totally different style to the last three years, but still entertaining.

Best three players for me were the three outcasts from last season - Sorensen, Sanders and Adulakan. The energy levels of the first two were immense.

We just needed Sculls to put away those chances!

Scully missed 2 great chances, pity. Much better 2nd half. GK very quick to get the ball out which won't always work, but far better than the uncertainty we had early last season.

FT. First 25 mins we weren’t in the game and allowed Exeter to take the initiative. As the game went on, particularly second half, we got stronger and more confident. Great to see Adelukan, Sorensen and Sanders rise to the standard they should be at. Some early tentative play by a number of our players but they were a lot more positive in the second half. Decent start and a point on the board. Surprised to see Maguire in the starting squad and coming on, but I think he did quite well considering he hasn’t featured in any games so far. Great turnout (credit to the 500+ Exeter fans for making the journey 👏). Onwards to Portsmouth - different proposition I think, but at least we have a week to work on things.

An ok start. Exeter looked more comfortable early on then Lincoln raised the energy levels and looked the better side. Pleasing to see Adelakun, Sorensen and Sanders all took their opportunities and did well. A few more additions to the squad will see a benefit. Looking forward to see how Mandriou will contribute.

Missed today having booked a driving day not realising the season started in July 🤦‍♂️ Only got Radio Lincs once past Leicester so only got the second half. Sounds like we were awful in the first but the second was different game. We made some great chances but again didn’t have the cutting edge to finish them off. Still sounded a bit ropey at the back at times but hopefully that will improve as the team gels. Overall happy with a point. Plenty of positives to take forward. UTI 👊💥👏

After shocking first half I'll take this point and improved performance in the second.
Fair result.
In couple of weeks with (hopefully) 2 or 3 new quality faces and another two or three people back from injuries we should and I hope we will look lot better side