Match Thread: Lincoln City v Doncaster Rovers | Page 35 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Doncaster Rovers

That's actually not correct if you look at the stats. The top teams have scored around the same amount of goals so we're not lacking there at the minute. The stats show we create high quality chances that we generally put away so we're basically on par as to where we should be.

There's a thought behind the process behind creating them type of chances rather than hitting it from here, there and everywhere and creating lots of low quality chances (if you can call long rangers created chances) and we're good enough on the ball to keep possession and wait for those high quality chances as well.
Just to follow up this post up a little, and I know not everyone likes xG but it provides some statistical back-up despite models differing slightly. The latest figures show that over the last 6 games, we've under performed our xG by 0.4 goals, so pretty much on par.

Over the course of this season, our xG should see us in third place rather than second (Hull and Posh where they should be, Pompey overperforming by 4 places, Doncaster by 11).

1612037940731.png

1612037948329.png

EDIT - And also, when it comes to waiting for the creation of high quality chances, the amount of goals we've scored this season in the last 15 minutes of games (highest in L1?) would suggest it's doing ok.

We have Grant signed up get Harry signed up. Get the Stacey West built up.

if we dont go up this year we will the next.

go up this year I think we will be back the next.

give it another year of organic profess and I think we will look every much Championship material.

£5k per week in league 1 you are top dog. £5k per week in the championship you are a reserve player. Scary

So some dust has settled since earlier. Nothing to say that hasn't been said really. Bottom line is that if that is the standard we bring to every game we will get promoted. Pure quality buildup and attractive football, and on other days 3 or 4 goals would be in the bag. Just goes like that sometimes but it evens out in the end. Frustrated - yes, but not worried in the slightest. Great time to be an Imp.

scary time we are used to Brain Laws planting a Scunthorpe flag in the ground and trips to Southend. championship football is nose bleed stuff

Last edited:
Always been a Marshall man, myself. But Fender guitars.

oh I see I am also a fender man (strat tele and more recently a jazzmaster) but I have recently acquired a Gibson les Paul junior tribute Double cut. I have a couple of epiphone but fuck me this really is a rock and roll machine. amp wise I have 2 solid state amps and fancied a valve combo - recently got a bass breaker 007 spot on

Totally agree.

We are starting to look like FB Banter. We've lost a game after playing the kind of football you only see in the PL.

For the record, goals scored this season (top 6) - goals by club top scorer in brackets

Lincoln 35
Donny 38
Posh 36
Sunderland 32
Pompey 37
Hull 41

Sunderland have Wyke (12), Posh have JCH(13) , Pompey have Marquis (12), Hull have Magennis (9), Grant (9)

So our top goal scorer is on the same as Hull and we are above every team with a "goal scorer" who is "better" than ours.

The clueless on this thread who appear to melt after one game which we don't win (but, on opportunities, possessions, SOT etc, should have done).

That's football. And agreeing with someone who calls us "toothless" when we are joint top of the league in February...have a word with yourself.

oh I see I am also a fender man (strat tele and more recently a jazzmaster) but I have recently acquired a Gibson les Paul junior tribute Double cut. I have a couple of epiphone but fuck me this really is a rock and roll machine. amp wise I have 2 solid state amps and fancied a valve combo - recently got a bass breaker 007 spot on

Nice collection! I've played a Fender Tele Deluxe for years. Tele body, Strat neck and twin Fender humbuckers.

Recently retired, though. I'm now channeling my acoustic roots with Mrs N. on vocals.

We are starting to look like FB Banter. We've lost a game after playing the kind of football you only see in the PL.

For the record, goals scored this season (top 6) - goals by club top scorer in brackets

Lincoln 35
Donny 38
Posh 36
Sunderland 32
Pompey 37
Hull 41

Sunderland have Wyke (12), Posh have JCH(13) , Pompey have Marquis (12), Hull have Magennis (9), Grant (9)

So our top goal scorer is on the same as Hull and we are above every team with a "goal scorer" who is "better" than ours.

The clueless on this thread who appear to melt after one game which we don't win (but, on opportunities, possessions, SOT etc, should have done).

That's football. And agreeing with someone who calls us "toothless" when we are joint top of the league in February...have a word with yourself.

What I wanted to quote at the time wouldn't allow me to.

I was agreeing with the last bit, which was "A potent strikeforce and we'd be out of sight in this league."

To which end, I bought a Faith acoustic which is, I think, made in Indonesia. Played a bunch of Martins and Taylors in the shop but, at half the price, knocked them into a cocked-hat.

We got the performance that we wanted but not the result. Sometimes it just doesn't happen the way we would like. I am sure we will take the opportunity to bounce straight back against Gillingham. Up the Imps.

Nice collection! I've played a Fender Tele Deluxe for years. Tele body, Strat neck and twin Fender humbuckers.

Recently retired, though. I'm now channeling my acoustic roots with Mrs N. on vocals.

interesting guitar- I have never played a fender with humbuckers. Is it like a les Paul with thinner neck? What acoustic do you have? I have a 30 year old Takamine ( Martin copy really) and a more recent Washburn dreadnought

i go in cycles I will play one a lot then change (it’s like having a new guitar).

if I ever go to the smoke I always try to get to Denmark street

To which end, I bought a Faith acoustic which is, I think, made in Indonesia. Played a bunch of Martins and Taylors in the shop but, at half the price, knocked them into a cocked-hat.

you have answered my question ha ha. Yes they are very expensive. I always try to go used. I have an Indonesian made squier bass. I think it’s a better manufacturer then chinese. the Korean and Japanese guitars are very well made.

interesting guitar- I have never played a fender with humbuckers. Is it like a les Paul with thinner neck? What acoustic do you have? I have a 30 year old Takamine ( Martin copy really) and a more recent Washburn dreadnought

i go in cycles I will play one a lot then change (it’s like having a new guitar).

if I ever go to the smoke I always try to get to Denmark street

Exactly right. A combo of strat,ctele and les paul.

See above for my acoustic option. I also have a reliable, cheap Yamaha electric acoustic and a vintage Suzuki 12-string I can't play. 🤣

Exactly right. A combo of strat,ctele and les paul.

See above for my acoustic option. I also have a reliable, cheap Yamaha electric acoustic and a vintage Suzuki 12-string I can't play. 🤣

I see I can’t get on with the 50s baseball bat style neck of most les Paul’s. Your guitar sounds interesting. Is it rosewood or maple? Must admit I prefer maple Neck and fretboard. 12 string I don’t think I have ever tried one

I see I can’t get on with the 50s baseball bat style neck of most les Paul’s. Your guitar sounds interesting. Is it rosewood or maple? Must admit I prefer maple Neck and fretboard. 12 string I don’t think I have ever tried one

Yep, Gibson necks too wide and flat for me.

12 string sounds lovely, but a bugger to tune and play.