Match Thread: Lincoln City v Carlisle United | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Carlisle United

well done imps. and pleased for akinde. was it two more assists for andrade as well.

all league one teams through so far... could easily be not only a tough 3rd round draw, but also a sh***y one.

So Exeter will be another game in hand. Let's hope we can stay in touch with the top in terms of points.

Third Rounds don't come around too often for us.
So delighted whoever we get.
It's all a bonus.

Played well today. Vickers was excellent keeping us in it whilst they had long periods of pressure.
Harry much better 2nd half.
Bruno too superb crosses for both goals.
And BOTH the big men delivering
Happy days

:toot::bull::toot::guitar::party::party:

I was busy for most of the afternoon so hard to keep up properly, but so got see the Lincoln City app pop up at 3.02 to proclaim Matthew Rhead [sic] had scored! Pleased for Big John too, I bet he had mixed feelings seeing Rhead start and score within 30 seconds!

Great to progress, bank some cash and we're in the hat for round three! Oh and a clean sheet too! I bet that is Danny's favourite part of today :thumbup:

Tippy-tappy. Outy-go-ey.

To be fair, Carlisle played some good stuff and looked threatening at times. But we probably created twice as many chances as they did and scored 2. That made us the better team by a decent margin.

Delighted for Rhead and Akinde - both classic goals made by excellent wing-play from Andrade.

Not many FA cup 3rd rounds over the years for us, so delighted by this cup-run already.

Overall a well deserved win
Excellent display from Vickers his best performance yet for us
You could feel the relief for big John around the ground it may be the kick start in goal scoring he needs
Nearly had a second if he’d driftered to the back post
Most importantly we’ve kept a clean sheet
Uti

Only the 8th time we have reached the third round in my 48 years of watching the Imps.

1974-75 (GT)
1975-76 (GT)
1976-77 (GT)
1994-95 (SE)
1998-99 (JR)
2009-10 (CS)
2016-17 (DC)
2018-19 (DC)

Only 5 out of 28 managers managed to get us there.

Only the 8th time we have reached the third round in my 48 years of watching the Imps.

1974-75 (GT)
1975-76 (GT)
1976-77 (GT)
1994-95 (SE)
1998-99 (JR)
2009-10 (CS)
2016-17 (DC)
2018-19 (DC)

Only 5 out of 28 managers managed to get us there.

5th time in my 30+ years. Second tum in 3 years.

Towards the end of Hope & Glory, Rob Makepeace mentioned some doubt on social media over whether Rhead has 50 or 49.

I see City are using the hashtag #Rheady50 on twitter.

#Rheady49, I'm afraid.