Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bury | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bury

god knows why teams try to sit back on a one goal lead, when if they had carried on they would have mullered us. unless they ran out of steam badly.

if cant be good be lucky

And as Gary Player put it, 'the more I practice, the luckier I get'.

Lucky tonight, definitely, but if you can make your own...

Be good to get a performance from the off on Saturday though, start with 4-4-2, County will be up for it and it will be tough.

2 starts and 2 deserved MoMs for Tom Pett, he's always clearly been a highly skilful player but he put in the dirty work at Vale and tonight. Midfield on Saturday him and 1 more?

Bury must be wondering how they lost. We were so sloppy in the first half, but as said the change of formation and to an extent of personnel in the second half made the difference.

No doubt about Tom Pett being man of the match, definitely so in the first half.

I've watched the penalty incident back in slow motion and their defender does a cracking keeper impersonation, diving backwards to make a save

Twenty minutes to go could not see us scoring never mind winning but we just keep battling on.

I am not sure if all this chopping and changing every week is doing us any good prefer it if we stuck to a system.

I think that the changing of the starting line ups will pay dividends come the end of the season. We are playing twice a week at the moment and some players do need nursing through that kind of schedule. Tonight has shown that we have players who can come off the bench and change a game. Not sure we have had that in the past