Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion

Not the best display but a very valuable 3 points especially with Tranmeres form at the moment , Keep plugging away and we will be safe . I probably got half hr of that game in due to internet crashing multiple times and at the best bits, Got to see one goal

Rode our luck there. Some excellent last-ditch defending but, overall, neither defence covered themselves with glory.

Good work from Hopper - starting to look better in the lone striker role and great for him to get 2 today. Coventry had a better game. Sheehan will want to forget that one.

Happy to see the goals coming in for Hopper
Burton are the kind of side to cause most teams in this league a problem so to do the double is commendable
Uti

Not the best display but a very valuable 3 points especially with Tranmeres form at the moment , Keep plugging away and we will be safe . I probably got half hr of that game in due to internet crashing multiple times and at the best bits, Got to see one goal
Don't worry too much, they have beaten Shrewsbury and Accrington. Their last six games are a nightmare - Doncaster, Rotherham, Gillingham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Peterborough.

Well that was a relief. Shocking defending again in the first half for both their goals. Think Josh has KY jelly on his gloves as he was trying to punch everything (badly too). Good save from the penno though. And what the hell Sheehan was doing punching that cross I don’t know. If they had put the penno away I think they would have gone on to win it. Feel sorry for Bolger having to drop down. On the positives Hopper had a great match and lead the line well. Scully is settling in nicley and it was his great interception and calm square ball that set up the first equaliser. Thought he got the third but sounds like it was Morell though. It is starting to gel but its still very frustrating to watch at times. UTI

Crazy match! But a big three points.

Plenty of positives:
Hoppers best game and very encouraging
Coventrys best game
Scully really encouraging
Melbourne much better
Vickers excellent - Sheehan owes him massively.

But plenty to work on:
If Sheehan has another game that bad probably be his last. Put it down to being rusty and give him another chance.
Start was terrible, got battered first 10, thought it was going to be oxford again. Much better once middle 3 seemed to work out where each other was meant to be playing.
Need to be better off the ball.

Agree re the comments on Coventry. I wonder what his stats look like. He was everywhere today. Excellent performance from him capped off by his goal saving sliding block / tackle.

Got to say well done to Hopper, 2 goals held the ball up and laid it off really well as well as winning a few headers and took a few hits from behind.
His best performance so far.

Agree re the comments on Coventry. I wonder what his stats look like. He was everywhere today. Excellent performance from him capped off by his goal saving sliding block / tackle.

I forgot about that. It really was a fantastic tackle when they seemed certain to score. He had one of those games where you didn’t notice him but he was everywhere. Thought Max did well too considering he’s been out for a while. He also got an important block in too to divert a Burton shot wide.

Don't worry too much, they have beaten Shrewsbury and Accrington. Their last six games are a nightmare - Doncaster, Rotherham, Gillingham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Peterborough.

Tranmere also have to play Rochdale, Wimbledon, MKD, the Imps and the Prenton Park pitch in their last 11 matches, which ever way those matches go it can only benefit LCFC. Tranmere have a slim chance of avoiding the drop, but I can't envisage a scenario were they will overhaul the Imps, given their fixtures and state of their pitch.

Last edited:
What a difference a couple of weeks make, just read the thread and listening to comments post match, it’s quite refreshing to hear positive rather than the usual negative comments about Coventry, Melbourne & Hopper. Pleased for the youngsters, not easy coming to a new club different surroundings etc etc. Pleased to see Hopper prove the doubters wrong. Pleased for MApp top bloke.

What a difference a couple of weeks make, just read the thread and listening to comments post match, it’s quite refreshing to hear positive rather than the usual negative comments about Coventry, Melbourne & Hopper. Pleased for the youngsters, not easy coming to a new club different surroundings etc etc. Pleased to see Hopper prove the doubters wrong. Pleased for MApp top bloke.
Coventry conducts himself so well, eager to talk to people, always has a smile on his face. Great young pro, a real credit to West Ham.