Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion

Agreed - it should be Joe’s. From I-Follow I was wondering why Scully was celebrating like he’d scored when, to me, it was Joe’s all the way. I didn’t see the ball take any deflection or change course.

Agreed - it should be Joe’s. From I-Follow I was wondering why Scully was celebrating like he’d scored when, to me, it was Joe’s all the way. I didn’t see the ball take any deflection or change course.
Quite a big deflection, ball was going to their keeper’s right (not sure if he would have got to it mind) but ended up going to his left; it was definitely Scully’s.

Quite a big deflection, ball was going to their keeper’s right (not sure if he would have got to it mind) but ended up going to his left; it was definitely Scully’s.
On the replay I can't tell from the flight of the ball but if you look how their keeper moved it does suggest if deflected quite a bit.

I’m pretty sure it’s always been the case that the attacking player that last touches the ball is entitled to claim the goal irrespective of whether it would have been a goal or not and irrespective of whether he meant to touch it or not.

If Scully has been offside the goal would not have counted.

I’m pretty sure it’s always been the case that the attacking player that last touches the ball is entitled to claim the goal irrespective of whether it would have been a goal or not and irrespective of whether he meant to touch it or not.

If Scully has been offside the goal would not have counted.

I agree...