Match Thread: Lincoln City V Boreham Wood | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City V Boreham Wood

nlondonimp - 25/10/2016 21:54

great result. well done imps. cracked a tough nut tonight - and another clean sheet 7 in the last eight home games
:clappy: :yehaa:

shame about beevers, and with raggett approaching 5 yellows - might mean another dip into cowley's magic transfer bag...
 Gosh, yes, I hadn't noticed that. The only team to have scored at Sincil Bank since 13 August is Barrow.

You'll struggle to see a more competent win at SB this season. We were in complete control from start to finish.

But I'm afraid the statistics are in on Matt Rhead. I put the numbers into my specially developed wibble-formula and it says Rhead is useless, so it must be true! :pointy:

Well done to all tonight, a thoroughly enjoyable win.

Thought it was a real decent display and given Boreham Wood away form I felt it was as comfortable victory.

Great to start racking up the clean sheets and the more the season has progressed the centre half pairing of Waterfall and Raggett is really something formidable.

Some real good performances tonight, well done all.

Right on top from minute one. No real stand out performer for me, everyone contributed to a thoroughly comfortable and professional win.

Excellent display from the Imps tonight – all players involved ran their socks and sweated blood for the cause. Raggett and Waterfall at the back were immense – what a centre-back partnership pairing that is, and the skipper's armband has been the making of Waterfall. Wood was immense when switched to right-back. Those three crunching tackles he made in the second-half were worth the entrance fee alone.

Great to see Rhead end his drought and in some style. Also good to see him not going down so easy and complaining, much better than the last time I saw him. Power had a cracker when he came on. One of his best displays in recent seasons. It was obvious he was trying to please, as he made a couple of silly errors early on, but he knuckled down to the task in hand and was superb.

Great performances from everyone else, but did anyone else notice Whitehouse clear away two attacks with great headers in his own box late on? Epitomises everything about this side, their incredible work ethos..

Fair play to their manager, not the usual gripes from the opposing bench, described us as the best side they have played on the road this season and fully deserving of the win.
Makes a nice change, described the second goal as immaculate!

A club is for life

Thought it was Waterfalls best game I have seen from him tonight. I always worry when the opposition put the ball over head with an attacker running on, but tonight he was virtually first to everything and played like a man who was leading a team by example.

Ex-Ref - 25/10/2016 21:59

Raggett could do with getting booked next week and missing the FA Cup match. Then he's avaiable for Forest Green.
 Yep. We could do with a full strength side to put them in their place!

Another win, clean sheet and 3000+ crowd again such a huge shame about Beevers who's been superb this season think if he's dislocated his kneecap and done ligaments he wont play again this season. You can always tell a bad one as the player doesn't move. Wasn't impressed with them maybe they had off night or we were just too good for them as didn't seem to have a plan b when they went behind. Their passing and distribution was very poor at times.
On to Saturday then and Chester who are struggling with even more injuries than us.

Chester have gone nine games unbeaten but are 'down to the bare bones' in the words of manager Jon McCarthy with four or five missing for Saturday. Even though they have been on a good run, now seems a good time to play them.

Pretty comfortable. Second goal was crucial as it came just as they appeared to be getting a bit of a foothold back in the game after we had started the second half well.

We forced their 'keeper into a a couple of very good saves at 2-0 which was good as although I thought we had played well against Eastleigh we didn't really make their 'keeper do much.

Bit of an unnecessarily shaky last couple of minutes but good to see desperate defending to protect a clean sheet, even with the match effectively won.

I like it a lot when opponents score nil. We have goals in our team and with Marriott and Miles to return our options will only increase. Keep those clean sheets coming and we won't be far away...

Similar first half to Eastleigh but goals change matches and 2nd half we were dominant. Really stretched them going forward and solid at the back. Power was excellent and controlled the tempo of our play. Such a shame for Beevers, he supports the centre backs so well so will be missed.

Great effort last night from all the team.
Rhead was emmence winning all his headers and giving their back four no respite. I thought our midfield imposed itself and restricted them to balls over the top which Raggetts and Waterfall particularly dealt with easily most of the night.
Some on here have mentioned how disappointing Boreham were and I can't argue with that although, for me, this was cheifly down to the way we stifled their play and their lack of "plan B". To their credit they did not "park the bus" as emphatically as most visitors have, and that helped us a bit I think.
The only downer on the night was of courae Beavers whose injury looked pretty serious. if it is a dislocation of the knee cap, as DC suggested on the post match interview, then I hope I'm wrong but it could be hard for Beavers to come back at all let alone anytime this season...

Rhead was emmence winning all his headers and giving their back four no respite. I thought our midfield imposed itself and restricted them to balls over the top which Raggetts and Waterfall particularly dealt with easily most of the night.
Some on here have mentioned how disappointing Boreham were and I can't argue with that although, for me, this was cheifly down to the way we stifled their play and their lack of "plan B". To their credit they did not "park the bus" as emphatically as most visitors have, and that helped us a bit I think.
The only downer on the night was of courae Beavers whose injury looked pretty serious. if it is a dislocation of the knee cap, as DC suggested on the post match interview, then I hope I'm wrong but it could be hard for Beavers to come back at all let alone anytime this season...

Gutted for Beevers. Worked as hard as anyone this season. Wish him a full recovery.

A great team performance again last night, like Saturday. First 10 they looked dangerous on the break, but great management by Cowley to switch Anderson and Arnold. Forced their dangerous looking right winger back and there was loads of space on the other side where Arnold likes to be in the channel. Hard to pick a man of the match, but could have been either winger of either centre half for me. Whole back four looks so solid, easily the best defence since we have been down here. Waterfall is twice the player he was last season. Power also excellent when he came on, gets the ball forward a bit quicker than Wood or Woodyard I think. But then Woodyard is excellent in many other ways! Only issue is I think they both get in each other's way sometimes - which actually appears to frustrate Woodyard more than Power. Rhead was a real nuisance and the other players seemed to use this space he creates more effectively than Saturday. Whitehouse did well in his cameo, excellent in the air for his size.

cooperativeimp - 26/10/2016 08:20

We said the same regarding Beevers. Hope we are wrong, but at 30-odd that kind of injury could be the end of his playing days.