Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bolton Wanderers

FT. Good game. Credit to Bolton - they did enough to control the game throughout, although we had some bright moments, especially in the first half. They also scored at exactly the right time and managed the game out. As for the Imps, we look under-cooked. Not fully fit and when you consider how much quality there is not even fit enough to make the match day squad. We have a lot of quality to come back but I can see we won’t get going properly until late September. Chin up lads - lots to come. Its going to be the Imps with the late run this year 👍👍

The new keeper has been at fault for all 3 EFL goals conceded so far, looks way below Palmer’s levels.
I was a bit concerned when I read Cheltenham fans' reviews - doesn't seem he's of the same standard as Palmer, as you say. Hopefully he's a quick learner.

I still think we need to be more clinical in taking out chances. We create plenty but don't have the killer instinct yet.

I think if we hade a few more attackers we could live with the odd defensive slip but we seem to score goals like London buses. I am sure we will have forward players inbound

The new keeper has been at fault for all 3 EFL goals conceded so far, looks way below Palmer’s levels.

Yeah not at Palmer's level. Hopefully he'll improve. He's done some great saves though to be fair but reducing errors will be a priority for the goalie coach.

Also looks very thin!!

Bolton a decent side. Lincoln played pretty well at times but it isn't quite clicking. Give the new arrivals time, they can all play. Keeper worries me, too many errors resulting in goals.

perhaps with there being a couple of weeks left we might sign an older head capable at this level to play more often then long. Give the youngster a break if he needs it

Reality check. We lack a cutting edge up front.

L1 is going to be a Beast this season. Very high quality.
Agreed - Hopper definitely not in form - you do wonder where a goal is coming from when Scully doesn't get them on target

We were beaten by the better team tonight