Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 37 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

They didn't for Leicester (FA Cup) or Man City (Cara Cup) either who were both at that end of the Stadium too. Both were allowed to move around wherever they liked once inside

no they didn’t and you had to wear a mask. I was at all 3 test events plus yesterday

With a bit of luck I'll never visit Blackpool again. Twice in a lifetime is enough thanks.
Absolutely. It wasn't until I dropped my mother and her friend off at a hotel once for a long stay that I realised why it looked so barren and depressing on the promenade.
There are no trees, or much greenery. Not my idea of heaven at all. Coronation Street with a beach.

Absolutely. It wasn't until I dropped my mother and her friend off at a hotel once for a long stay that I realised why it looked so barren and depressing on the promenade.
There are no trees, or much greenery. Not my idea of heaven at all. Coronation Street with a beach.
Thats probably why the group of Blackpool fans who I saw on the train looked so miserable. After their triumphant win they now have to go home. The other group I met in our hotel, just moaned about it taking them 2 hrs to get back there after the match.

Well, today was one hell of an experience, and worth every penny.

Arrived at Wembley just after 12, we were taken to our table, had a three-course meal, which was superb, we got through a few bottles of wine, and I also had a couple of Ciders, and the service was outstanding.
Could have done without the cheese and biscuits - I hate cheese but all staff very good and enjoyed the game especially the first 20 minutes where I thought we might just do this - next season we will. Imps 4ever

Haven't got time to read through the whole of this thread, so apologies if any of this has been posted earlier.

Today's records:

** Alex Palmer equals Paul Farman's club record for appearances in a season by a goalkeeper (58).

** City set a new club record for the number of goals scored away from home in a season in all competitions (52).

** City equal the club record for the number of games played in a season in all competitions (61).

And two rather unfortunate ones:

** City have achieved the unfortunate distinction of having all three promoted teams win promotion in a match against them.

** City now hold the record for the most appearances in the FL play-offs without having won them (7). Brentford held the record with 9 until Saturday.

Our chairman has rightly called out the boo boys before kick off. Goons who should be ashamed of themselves.
I didn't personally boo the BLM knee gesture before the game for precisely the reason to have done so could have been misconstrued as racist and Clive is absolutely right to say that respect should be observed.

However where I disagree is that the BLM association with the gesture is irrelevant or tiresome. For many people it is and will permanently be linked to an extremist, anarchist, political movement which has demonstrated considerable violence; that sits very uneasily. No matter how much people are trying to row back from that link and disassociate the two issues, the reality is that mud sticks and some people wish to express their opinion that they are unhappy with that perceived link.

It would probably be helpful for everyone to move the whole situation on with a fresh, non politically linked solution. The issue of racism belongs to everybody in society and should be above any notion of political association, point scoring or a tool to be used for even causing racial division.

I'd forgotten about the National Anthem being played at the PO matches so was taken by surprise to be politely asked to be upstanding for it. My immediate thought when that happened was wouldn't it be better if at a game the same polite request could be made for people to 'stand against racism', either in reflection or with applause. No right minded person could do anything other than gladly support that untarnished, simple and clear message. Anybody booing would be shown up for the bigots they are and dealt with accordingly.

Last edited:
I didn't personally boo the BLM knee gesture before the game for precisely the reason to have done so could have been misconstrued as racist and Clive is absolutely right to say that respect should be observed.

However where I disagree is that the BLM association with the gesture is irrelevant or tiresome. For many people it is and will permanently be linked to an extremist, anarchist, political movement which has demonstrated considerable violence; that sits very uneasily. No matter how much people are trying to row back from that link and disassociate the two issues, the reality is that mud sticks and some people wish to express their opinion that they are unhappy with that perceived link.

It would probably be helpful for everyone to move the whole situation on with a fresh, non politically linked solution. The issue of racism belongs to everybody in society and should be above any notion of political association, point scoring or a tool to be used for even causing racial division.

I'd forgotten about the National Anthem being played at the PO matches so was taken by surprise to be politely asked to be upstanding for it. My immediate thought when that happened was wouldn't it be better if at a game the same polite request could be made for people to 'stand against racism', either in reflection or with applause. No right minded person could do anything other than gladly support that untarnished, simple and clear message. Anybody booing would be shown up for the bigots they are and dealt with accordingly.

Although this is much more rational I still think the people booing it were muppets and Clive is right that claiming its due to the political side of it is tiresome.

Our lads aren't advocating violent revolution by kneeling; they're particularly close to it as their colleagues (and maybe them) have a bad game occasionally and get a deluge of messages of racist abuse.

In America they booed and kicked off against Kaepernick for kneeling and it wasn't because of any sort of BLM link. I'm willing to bet a lot of those booing the kneeling don't have some sort of nuanced opinion like yours, neither could they give a half decent definition of Marxism.

It's particularly annoying as it's the same lot who want to use free speech to say things that are offensive and are now mortally offended by some kids kneeling because they get subjected to racist abuse.

It's particularly annoying as it's the same lot who want to use free speech to say things that are offensive and are now mortally offended by some kids kneeling because they get subjected to racist abuse.

Well said. To see one of those defending the boos on Twitter was a former UKIP candidate who once claimed he was "discriminated" against for his right-wing views, tells me all I need to know about those who stand on that side of the argument.

Last edited:
Although this is much more rational I still think the people booing it were muppets and Clive is right that claiming its due to the political side of it is tiresome.

Our lads aren't advocating violent revolution by kneeling; they're particularly close to it as their colleagues (and maybe them) have a bad game occasionally and get a deluge of messages of racist abuse.

In America they booed and kicked off against Kaepernick for kneeling and it wasn't because of any sort of BLM link. I'm willing to bet a lot of those booing the kneeling don't have some sort of nuanced opinion like yours, neither could they give a half decent definition of Marxism.

Common sense in what is being said there and I would say some understandable points of view. Perhaps the old maxim of if you can't say something good then say nothing at all would be best served in these circumstances.

Sadly the whole thing was hijacked by the right and the left from the offset, which has resulted in the situation we have now, where the original point has been completely lost in the midst of people trying to point score; arguably stirring up more division in the process. Maybe that is sadly what some people hoped to achieve, rather than mutual accord anyway.

Hence it would be desirable to have a re-set, depoliticise the issue in the process and thereby remove the debate about whether it is appropriate to boo or not completely. Unless somebody has an ulterior political motive, what's not to like about that.

No it really was
"Starting in 2016, despite Kaepernick’s explanation that his kneeling during the national anthem was a call to end racial injustice and police brutality toward people of color, a backlash fomented, spurred largely by President Trump, who tried to recast Kaepernick and the predominantly African-American group of players who followed his lead as unpatriotic. That viewpoint persists."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/...e-floyd-kaepernick-kneeling-nfl-protests.html

"Hence it would be desirable to have a re-set, depoliticise the issue in the process and thereby remove the debate about whether it is appropriate to boo or not completely. Unless somebody has an ulterior political motive, what's not to like about that."

Yeah let's "depoliticise" protests against racism, astounding idea... :rolleyes:

"Hence it would be desirable to have a re-set, depoliticise the issue in the process and thereby remove the debate about whether it is appropriate to boo or not completely. Unless somebody has an ulterior political motive, what's not to like about that."

Yeah let's "depoliticise" protests against racism, astounding idea... :rolleyes:

I've put my reply on the off topic board if you wish to discuss further, as we're moving away from the context of this match.