Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

Started really well for the first 10 mins, had Jorge's shot gone in and not hit the bar could have been different. The disappointment is, we all know we could have done it.
No worries we'll be there or there about's next season.

12 months time will be the best judge of this game and season as a whole.

If we are top 2 nothing lost

If the last game of the season is at home to Gillingham with 15th place on the line it will be a big chance lost.

I think that was closer than being made out to be. We had the stronger of 2nd half’s.

Yates absolutely fantastic. They played good football and hope they have a successful season next season.

Appalling 2nd half by that ref. 4 times we could have had a penalty. 16 incorrect decisions. Each one going their way.

I think that was closer than being made out to be. We had the stronger of 2nd half’s.

Yates absolutely fantastic. They played good football and hope they have a successful season next season.

Appalling 2nd half by that ref. 4 times we could have had a penalty. 16 incorrect decisions. Each one going their way.

That's how it felt - glad you did the stats!

A fantastic season from us. We have a mixture of players who are more than good enough for a top end league 1 team and some who aren't at that level in my opinion. Shame to see a below par performance from our best player today but he's been excellent over the course of the season. Hope we still have Grant next season.

4 times? Come on!

It's been a great season. Many thanks to our loan players who contributed greatly to our success. I wish them well now that they return to their clubs.
Well played Blackpool. The team that finishes 3rd deserves to go up. These playoffs are a bit of nonsense really.
See ya'll at places like Accrington and Stad of Shyte next season.
Have a great summer holiday.
Temp..

Still think we are a better football team than them, but their game plan worked perfectly today. I honestly didn't think they threatened our goal any more than we threatened theirs - very disappointing to concede two identikit goals like that from 20 yards.
We have looked a good team when we pass short, and play to the strengths of the technical players. we don’t look a good team when we just punt it randomly long, or try long premier league diagonal efforts, especially with hopper off the pitch. Winning with very little of the ball is difficult.

hopefully they will learn to be braver, and more accurate, with the short, incise passing in tight spaces

Every side will do it- someone somewhere will analyse the proportion in teams who go on to win after scoring in the first minute and I'd bet it's low.

I remember in the very early days taking my lads to games, and very early goals were scored either way, I made that point to them. And I bet I was right more often than not