Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

Way too negative after being gifted a perfect start, and then gifted them the initiative. Didn’t pass it well enough on the big day. Blackpool deserved it, passed well, played well, played on the front foot,
congratulations to them, they were the better team on the day, and their reward is championship football. Uti.

I thought blackpool in the home game were the best team we played. They probably are the best team in the league. Pity we didnt play hull or Peterborough in the final. Oh well... gutted.

congratulations to Blackpool. After losing Simms before the game and the own goal to start they bosses us. We toiled but it wasn’t our day. They can two clean strikes and we just couldn’t quite finish off our few promising opportunities. It feels raw but we’ve come so far and hopefully the silver lining of a loss is that MA won’t be as sought after, after all he hasn’t won promotion…yet. Up the Imps proud of the lads and the season, we’ll learn from this

Best side on the day won and congrats to Blackpool but what a season we've had. I thought we'd be mid table so to get to the play off final was fantastic in itself. Just disappointing to go out like this. Already looking forward to next season. UTI!

I think we did turn up but one or two (experienced) players perhaps were still on the bus. No names no pack drills.

Incredible season went to the end and in these times something to focus on.

On the whole they were the better team, no complaints.

Fair result. With the young squad we lack the guile to win on the big occasion. Big opportunity missed, but was just a step too far, and a mid-table finish next season I’m predicting unless we can bring in some quality and get the team streetwise. A great ride nonetheless. Fingers crossed for next season. We have the key off-pitch components in place (at the moment) to make it happen.

I thought blackpool in the home game were the best team we played. They probably are the best team in the league. Pity we didnt play hull or Peterborough in the final. Oh well... gutted.

Blackpool are long ball hoof merchants. They'll be found out in the Championship.

Just didn't turn up. Scoring so early seemed to completely stop us playing our game. I'm gutted. Can't even say we gave it our best.

Blackpool also stopped us playing. They knew how our game works and smothered it and smothered us. At one point I saw three Blackpool players crowding Poole near our corner flag. Edun was shadowed by at least two players all game. We just couldn't find an out ball. And Grant's moment of madness sums up what we did with the ball when we had it.

I’m fairly new to this board, but enjoy the chat. It does seem to me that there seems to be a high percentage of posters who all seem to think we get a rough deal from refs. Is this standard for all teams across all boards or is it an Imps thing
I think it all evens out . People just remember the bad calls