Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

IMO quite direct but in a good way. Get it forward, play quick, attack. More vertical passing than like moonball and a decent manager.

We struggled to pass into midfield at all

Did we have a midfield? McGrandles was anonymous today.

Did think it a bit strange that we left the scully sub so long. Grant shunted out to the left after the mistake was just waiting for the change really

Well, as others have said, the better side on the day won. It wasn't as bad as the first half at Sunderland, but we were some way off our usual standard for a lot of the game. Nothing was happening in midfield in the first half, with McGrandles unfortunately not carrying on from where he left off against Sunderland and, all game, Grant not looking the same player as before his injury.

At least Rogers got into the game more in the second half.

Not good defending for both their goals.

We gave their goalkeeper an easy game.

Man of the match for me was Edun, with Johnson having a better game than most.

grant hasn’t looked fully fit for the playoffs. A full pre-season, and getting Walsh bridcutt grant and Jackson 100% during that time will be absolutely key If we want to do well again, or even better
Walsh is one for the physios, sports scientists etc to tailor a "pre-treatment" fitness programme to ensure he's available for more games next season.

Emotion is a lot at min so not going to write too much as head back to train station.

Got to be incredibly proud of what this young team have achieved this season.

Blackpool deserved it, we ultimately didn’t work keeper. Got to ask though, did the ref come across as one way on the TV as he did at the game!?

Would tend to agree - think it's splitting hairs but I'd rather have had Harry A and Scully on than Morton, it just doesn't work when we start trying to play into him like is Hopper. Not the problem though, they played very well, got the ball into more dangerous areas than we did and one or two of our bigger players really didn't turn up.

It might not have been the problem, but it wasn't a solution either. I don't know if that substitution was either forced or decided in desperation but Appleton has watched Morton fail in that role every game he's played. If it was desperation, I'd have preferred Scully on and have Johnson run through the middle. Or even fuck it, throw Montsma on (like he did later) - he wouldn't have been any worse.

Emotion is a lot at min so not going to write too much as head back to train station.

Got to be incredibly proud of what this young team have achieved this season.

Blackpool deserved it, we ultimately didn’t work keeper. Got to ask though, did the ref come across as one way on the TV as he did at the game!?
Yes, in the second half for sure.

Did we have a midfield? McGrandles was anonymous today.

I thought Connor played fairly well in an sort of 7/10 type way still to be fair. Fairly tidy and hit the cross field passes into Johnson well.

I think it was hard to force the ball through the midfield due to the way they let us have the ball then bit into our CMs; but maybe it looked different on telly

I thought I would be more upset. But I have tried to take a level headed approach to the game. Blackpool deserved to win but there style of football suggests they will struggle in the Championship. A game too far for Imps obviously a lot of players not fully fit. But I see no reason why we can't progress again next year.

Immediately after the game I did suggest to the wife that I should urinate on the next door neighbours car as he is a boring bastard who hates football and has OCD and washes his car every day but just managed to restrain myself.

Thankyou Mapp and all the team from the Boardroom down for giving us a fantastic season in extremely difficult circumstances.
Some questions answered and some need asking. Answer. Morton not good enough I am afraid but not his fault we lost so back to WBA he goes.
Questions can we get Rogers, Emma and possibly Palmer on loan again next year.

Finally, it has been a pleasure to watch Johnson play for us this season, thought he was outstanding at times today and frightened them to death. That boy his going to be a Premiership player before too long.

And a second finally dont be too depressed and enjoy the fact that we support a fantastic football team this is the beginning not the end. Heads up next season we go again, up the Imps!!

It might not have been the problem, but it wasn't a solution either. I don't know if that substitution was either forced or decided in desperation but Appleton has watched Morton fail in that role every game he's played. If it was desperation, I'd have preferred Scully on and have Johnson run through the middle. Or even fuck it, throw Montsma on (like he did later) - he wouldn't have been any worse.

I completely agree. I'd have rather brought like Bramall on even and sent Rogers central; Morton has not shown he plays that role well