Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

A fantastic season from us. We have a mixture of players who are more than good enough for a top end league 1 team and some who aren't at that level in my opinion. Shame to see a below par performance from our best player today but he's been excellent over the course of the season. Hope we still have Grant next season.
grant hasn’t looked fully fit for the playoffs. A full pre-season, and getting Walsh bridcutt grant and Jackson 100% during that time will be absolutely key If we want to do well again, or even better

Can't understand why Anderson doesn't get a chance, also thought Bramall would be brought on with his pace, probably the first time I've questioned Appletons decision making.

Edun couldn't shake off his two tight markers for even a few seconds. What attribute does Bramall have to change that? He can run fast but his close control and tackling are definitely lacking. Not a player for this season, let alone the last 20 mins of a play off final.

Time is right to move Grant on. He’s ready for a new challenge, and we need to reevaluate how our midfield functions. Will be exciting to see what MA can do with a full pre-season and the chance to bring in newbies. We have set a high bar this season and expectations will be high for the next. Challenge accepted!

Would tend to agree - think it's splitting hairs but I'd rather have had Harry A and Scully on than Morton, it just doesn't work when we start trying to play into him like is Hopper.

Not the problem though, they played very well, got the ball into more dangerous areas than we did and one or two of our bigger players really didn't turn up.

I think that was closer than being made out to be. We had the stronger of 2nd half’s.

Yates absolutely fantastic. They played good football and hope they have a successful season next season.

Appalling 2nd half by that ref. 4 times we could have had a penalty. 16 incorrect decisions. Each one going their way.

I don't think they did. Ball pumped long to Yates seemed to be the main tactic

They were just better organised than us. Our youthful naivety showed.

Hull, Peterborough and now Blackpool have all gained promotion after playing us, not many teams have done that. Quite gutted after that game but I hope we can bounce back and progress next season. Hitting:(:oops:

Just leaving Wembley and obviously disappointed. Meeting a few mates in London now for a mini ‘reunion’ - one of whom is a Blackpool fan so can’t say I’m looking forward to it!

In terms of the game, we were beaten by the better team on their day. Fair play to their supporters to, I thought they made more noise than us and it’s rare for me to say that given how good the 617 are.

Another season in League One with the prospect of crowds being back in full is hardly a shoddy consolation. Safe journey to all imps travelling back and see you next season at the Bank, UTI!

Ah well it just wasn't to be. All the small margins seemed to go against us, unnoticed handball decisions, freekicks etc. But it is hard to win any game with no shots on target. The momentum in the game always seemed to be with Blackpool, so well done to them.
Still very proud of the team and now looking forward to the recruitment process and a new season of following the mighty Imps.

It was crying out for Bramall’s pace and not sure Morton was the man to come on and change things. Just kept giving free-kicks away.
He got a raw deal on some of those.

But of the loan players, hes been the biggest disappointment by a long way, the injury obviously a major part of that but his game never seemed to suit MA's way of playing.

Simply not good enough today
Didn’t win 2nd balls
Couldn’t string passes together
Grant,Horton, Bridcott all poor
Scully did more in his cameo than half the team.
We got what we deserved