Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

Not able to watch or follow today so to snatch a point after being two down against a real form side is an absolute bonus. With the clubs below us winning too it becomes a real nugget. Great to see some faces back in the squad but five changes must indicate covid/matches off have had an effect. However with games in hand and fitness returning, we really are back in the mix. A win on Tuesday will give us the confidence to kick on. UTI 👊💥

Better not be .Its all getting a bit North Korea for my liking .Sorry for his family's loss but I bow to no one .None of them are my 'Highness' neither are they Majestic.
Exactly. I'm as upset as they would be for a loss in my family. Commiserations to his family but I'm totally unaffected myself. RIP to not only Phil but everyone else who passed yesterday.

I think matches will still be on it is not a state funeral.[/
None so blind as they who cannot see, shall we start with tackling, followed by distribution.
Tayo was below par today yet strangely he has received no criticism .Could it be he has finally shaken off the unwarranted tag of scapegoat? Only for Poole to find for no apparent reason that he is now the sole recipient of unwarranted criticism? McRandles and even Grant can confirm from experience that it seems to lurk amongst the squad .Not unlike the recent covid outbreak

Scully has to start. A quality young player we have under contract, should be building attack around him.

Midfield was very disjointed first half but not surprising given only one of three started in midfield regularly for us.

Good to see lads kept going and came back.

MA made reference to Scully in his post match and the gist seemed to be that despite his goals, he doesn't always feel we get a performance out of him. He elaborated in general terms about younger players looking after the ball, doing simple things rather than taking those small details for granted and realising they have big impacts on games (that's not word for word what he said but the meaning was along those lines).

Scully has to start. A quality young player we have under contract, should be building attack around him.

Midfield was very disjointed first half but not surprising given only one of three started in midfield regularly for us.

Good to see lads kept going and came back.

Agree 100%

Helps out a lot more defensively too. I'm starting to think you can't have Rogers and Johnson in the team together. Both capable of moments of brilliance beyond most at this level but neither are keen on the defensive side of the game and are often peripheral figures.

Tayo was below par today yet strangely he has received no criticism .Could it be he has finally shaken off the unwarranted tag of scapegoat? Only for Poole to find for no apparent reason that he is now the sole recipient of unwarranted criticism? McRandles and even Grant can confirm from experience that it seems to lurk amongst the squad .Not unlike the recent covid outbreak
Edun was indeed poor. Hope he starts fullback again soon, where he was starting to look fairly comfortable.

Agree 100%

Helps out a lot more defensively too. I'm starting to think you can't have Rogers and Johnson in the team together. Both capable of moments of brilliance beyond most at this level but neither are keen on the defensive side of the game and are often peripheral figures.
They do seem a bit Lampard/Gerrard, at times it's like kicking off with 10 men. Both fine players but "2 much" luxury".

Better not be .Its all getting a bit North Korea for my liking .Sorry for his family's loss but I bow to no one .None of them are my 'Highness' neither are they Majestic.
All very commendable, but your opinion or mine is not going to effect whether the matches are moved. I would imagine Radio Lincs might be obliged to cover it for example.
Moving to a 12:30 kick off would seem sensible

I think matches will still be on it is not a state funeral.

This is what the official Guidance for the Period of National Mourning says:

'The decision as to whether sporting fixtures continue to go ahead is at the discretion of organisers. Organisers may wish to consider using black armbands and observing a silence before matches are played.'

Guidance for the Period of National Mourning - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

So we await news from the EFL, etc. At least there would no problem about people staying at home to watch the funeral on TV instead of going to matches.

The EFL have said the games won't be at 3pm, but I don't think they've said when they will be played yet.

Not directly related to our game today but I'm watching the Real Madrid - Barcelona game and Zidane really is using the Appleton blueprint.

Using a low block defence and then controlled quick passing out of defence to find two very quick wide front men (not wingers) supported by a strong, mobile but technically gifted central striker, with the two full backs playing as wingers during the counter attacks.

It must be nice for the coaching staff to know their style is being copied at the top of the European game.

chuck the old bastard in a ditch for all I care I want an imps match and 3 points.

i have changed my forecast in my half conscious listening of the second half (it’s been a long short week at the coal face) I reckon it was a tactical masterpiece having the time off. We are going to build into a play off winning team.

Just proud of the side today. Overpowered and against a team in top form , we somehow dug in had a bit of luck and showed real grit and resilience. At 2-0 there was no way back and it could have been 3 or 4 down and we could not have had any complaints. Is it a turning point? I am not sure, we still need probably 4 wins from 8 and it is hard to see where the wins are coming from? However. I am pleased about our fighting spirit. The longer we can take it to the wire; and with the cavalry maybe returning there is still hope. Whatever , we can be proud of our team this season.

This is what the official Guidance for the Period of National Mourning says:

'The decision as to whether sporting fixtures continue to go ahead is at the discretion of organisers. Organisers may wish to consider using black armbands and observing a silence before matches are played.'

Guidance for the Period of National Mourning - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

So we await news from the EFL, etc. At least there would no problem about people staying at home to watch the funeral on TV instead of going to matches.

very presumptive that one will be in mourning. Is there a page for people who don’t care?