Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

Agree 100%

Helps out a lot more defensively too. I'm starting to think you can't have Rogers and Johnson in the team together. Both capable of moments of brilliance beyond most at this level but neither are keen on the defensive side of the game and are often peripheral figures.
I think we probably can if we have a first choice midfield. Bridcutt offers protection through positioning, McGrandles can cover ground quick enough and does the dirty work but importantly, Grant offers control at the top end of the pitch and calm things down so the game doesn't become like a basketball one.

Young wingers, or wingers full stop I suppose, try riskier things during games. That's what they're there to do I suppose and they probably lose the ball more often than any other position so there needs to be some control around them and in Briductt/McGrandles/Grant, I think we have that. Depth wise

I'm not sure whether I've agreed or not there. :lol:

Good to see the team show some spirit and fight. Considering the last few weeks of disruption it is a good point against an inform team. Just a shame Charlton are on a roll at the moment. On to the next game and if the team continues to show the same spirit I will be pleased no matter what happens.

Missed the game live as I picked up a bug and wasn’t feeling at all well, so I went to bed and watched it this morning (saw the result before watching the game). Very pleasantly surprised, considering all the injuries, Covid and results we’ve had over the last month or so, plus potential lack of fitness from returning injured players and not being able to train for the last 10 days or so, plus of course playing probably the form team of the Division and at home (not our strongest). To then go 2 - 0 down and still get a draw from the game is a complete credit to the players and MA. Magnificent effort lads and totally endorses MA’s decision to approach the game the way he did. As others have said, we now need to back it up with a win against MKD on Tuesday. If we can, that will really give us a confidence kick for the run-in. If we can get Liam and Jorge back for the last couple of games as well, then anything is possible. Yes we looked a bit rusty, especially first half, but only to be expected. With a bit of training Tuesday, and assuming everyone came through OK, MKD will be a huge game.
BTW, agree the ref was a complete twonk generally, but I really don’t know what Morton had done to upset him because he gave the lad nothing at all the whole game.

All very commendable, but your opinion or mine is not going to effect whether the matches are moved. I would imagine Radio Lincs might be obliged to cover it for example.
Moving to a 12:30 kick off would seem sensible
And that says it all. Ultimately we think we have no right to oppose the state.No ones going to the funeral and no one's going to the football.Both will be televised and we can all make a decision which event we care to watch.

And that says it all. Ultimately we think we have no right to oppose the state.No ones going to the funeral and no one's going to the football.Both will be televised and we can all make a decision which event we care to watch.

The problem is there will probably be a large number of people who would want to watch both.

This will not include you or I but nevertheless there will be a lot of them.

None of those people have catch-up TV or a pause button on iFollow.

The problem is there will probably be a large number of people who would want to watch both.

I never knew Charles was an imps fan!

I would like to see both.

Personally, I would move the funeral...
but sometimes you have to accept there are more people in the country who support the monarchy than support Lincoln City.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to move the match to a different time next weekend.

If you oppose the monarchy, just convince yourself the match is on Sky and they have rescheduled the kick off time.

Problem solved.

but sometimes you have to accept there are more people in the country who support the monarchy than support Lincoln City.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to move the match to a different time next weekend.

If you oppose the monarchy, just convince yourself the match is on Sky and they have rescheduled the kick off time.

Problem solved.
Like it!

Problem solved.

But I don't like Sky, either.

But it's not just LCFC is it? It's every EFL game across the country that will be affected.

Put funeral on iFollow at £10 a time and see how many fans the monarchy really have.

but the royal family would expect us to pay £10 for each of them to watch the funeral

FA cup semi final on Saturday, BBC1 17.30 ko. Putting all the games back til them may affect that game's viewing figures!.

Get Dave to show it in a few months time. Fixed!