Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
MA: "We'll concentrate on us.":

Summary of Thursday's press conference with Michael Appleton.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ma-well-concentrate-on-us/

"Trust the squad which is being assembled.":

"Trust the squad which is being assembled. There is a re-shaping going on at present which is meaning good players are moving on. There is a strong possibility that one of our very best won't be with us come Saturday."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/trust-the-squad-which-is-being-assembled/

This Match Is Not About Me - Lincoln City v Blackpool:

Information about today's officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/this-match-is-not-about-me-lincoln-city-v-blackpool/

"He has only been here 6 months and he inherited a squad short on quality." (Who Are Ya?):

"To be fair to him he has only been here 6 months and he inherited a squad short on quality. He probably needs a couple of transfer windows to improve things."

The first set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...hs-and-he-inherited-a-squad-short-on-quality/

The second set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ted-a-squad-short-on-quality/2/#gallery-slide

Don't forget to read both sets of answers!

On paper this should be a fairly even game with both teams on 34 pts. We are just edging the current form with 10 in the last 6 as apposed to 5 for Blackpool. A big day for Max but I have every confidence he will do himself justice. Looking forward to seeing Tyreece but on Tuesdays showing, no one deserves to be dropped. A good selection headache for the big 🍎 to have. Weather looks good today so fingers crossed for another great match day.

Be interesting to see how the back 4 shapes up today. As has been mentioned Eardley could switch to left back and Lewis could come in at right back. Personally I would play Melbourne at left back and leave the rest alone. Unnecessary changes can sometimes upset the whole balance of the the team as DC found out when he changed a winning team and moved 2 or 3 players to different positions to bring in Champion after I think we had won at Tranmere.
Round pegs in round holes for me.

At 5 O’clock will it be

a) Victory - We are heading for the play offs at least.

b) Draw or Loss - What have we done, selling Andrade, O’Connor and Toffolo, this is disaster, we could still be in the relegation scrap.

c) What ever the result, today was always going to be a difficult match. We are really at the very start of the MA project. We are half way through his first window with a number of ins and outs still possible.
Max Melbourne obviously has potential but it would be surprising if we didn’t miss our most impressive and consistent player of the season. It will take Melbourne time even to find his feet, never mind impress.

Couple this with Coventry, Jules John, Elbouzedi and Edun also trying to settle in, there are always going to be both ups and downs.

Today just happened to be an up/down (select as appropriate). There will also be ups/downs (select as appropriate) as we look to develop the side.

None the less there should definitely be optimism whatever the result today.

We have a man with a plan, which should see us in a stronger position in 12 month time than we are in today... and where we are today ain’t bad.

At 5 O’clock will it be

a) Victory - We are heading for the play offs at least.

b) Draw or Loss - What have we done, selling Andrade, O’Connor and Toffolo, this is disaster, we could still be in the relegation scrap.

c) What ever the result, today was always going to be a difficult match. We are really at the very start of the MA project. We are half way through his first window with a number of ins and outs still possible.
Max Melbourne obviously has potential but it would be surprising if we didn’t miss our most impressive and consistent player of the season. It will take Melbourne time even to find his feet, never mind impress.

Couple this with Coventry, Jules John, Elbouzedi and Edun also trying to settle in, there are always going to be both ups and downs.

Today just happened to be an up/down (select as appropriate). There will also be ups/downs (select as appropriate) as we look to develop the side.

None the less there should definitely be optimism whatever the result today.

We have a man with a plan, which should see us in a stronger position in 12 month time than we are in today... and where we are today ain’t bad.

Could you keep this kind of balanced reasoning away from the Match Thread please? There is no place for that kind of thing here.

I’d take a scoring draw today, Melbourne to make a solid start at left back and the crowd to be over 9k 👍🏼

Looking forward to this one after Tuesday. Bright and crisp day on my side of the Midlands at the moment so hopefully similar when I arrive in the motherland in a few hours time.
Melbourne will probably start and the small bits I've seen of him he'll be a decent player for us but give him time to settle.

Morning, Team Match Thread! Cautiously optimistic, maybe it's the sight of sunshine for the first time in quite a long while.....

A lot of pressure on Max Melbourne today, but he knows his teammates and he knows the drill and may surprise us with his composure and skills. If MApp says he's good enough, that works for me.

Keep an eye on the stands for any more potential incomings being introduced to the maelstrom which is SB/LNER in full cry :utv:

Come on you Mighty Imps!!!!

Can Tyler Walker make it six in a row against Blackpool?

The last player to score in six successive league games was Simon Yeo, who actually scored in seven successive League Two games between 22 January 2005 and 22 February 2005.

Can Tyler equal that, or even surpass it? The club record is ten league games in a row, held jointly by Billy Dinsdale and Allan Hall.

Tyler Walker needs two goals to officially become the most successful loan player in the history of the club. The current scoring record for a loan player is held by Ashley Grimes, who ironically scored 17 (15 in the league) in the 2010-11 relegation season.

Something else to look out for: if Wycombe fail to beat Rochdale today, a win against Blackpool will give Lincoln the best home record in League One in terms of points per game.

It would also put us third in the 'points won' table with a home game in hand.

Sadly I can't be there today, first home game missed this season. Someone needs to take over my awkward clapping duties, please! UTI!

Can Tyler Walker make it six in a row against Blackpool?

The last player to score in six successive league games was Simon Yeo, who actually scored in seven successive League Two games between 22 January 2005 and 22 February 2005.

Can Tyler equal that, or even surpass it? The club record is ten league games in a row, held jointly by Billy Dinsdale and Allan Hall.

What tier were the record holders playing in just out of interest?

Something else to look out for: if Wycombe fail to beat Rochdale today, a win against Blackpool will give Lincoln the best home record in League One in terms of points per game.

It would also put us third in the 'points won' table with a home game in hand.

At the same time, only 4 teams have lost more than us. It really is a very equal league (apart from the bottom 2)... a win today and i think a few people might start to get excited.

What tier were the record holders playing in just out of interest?

Not sure about Dinsdale, but Hall was early 30s I believe when we were in Division 2 (Championship). Think his goalscoring exploits for us (extraordinary record) led to a transfer to Spurs.