Match Thread: Lincoln City V Barrow AFC | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City V Barrow AFC

Well, that felt like two points dropped. The hi-light was obviously two excellent goals by Rhead - he must feel like he's doing it on his own at times.

Barrow had few clear-cut chances, but took them when they occurred. Our shooting - apart from Rhead's - was lamentable on the whole: shots screwed wide, sailing over the bar or being blocked. We created enough chances to win it, but didn't put them away. The game degenerated into a grim scrap in the second-half and we just resorted to hoofing it long for much of that time.

The less said about the Ref, the better!

implausible - 19/12/2015 17:15

Skip155 - 19/12/2015 17:11

Unlucky today I thought but 5-6-1 (I think) at home isn't unlucky and isn't good enough I'm afraid. Never mind we're still in the mix but I hope someone knows what wed to do to improve that home record.

Maths not your strong point Skip? :cheers:

Haha - home record not formation :-)

Two points dropped, as for the ref would give him a big fat zero, saw United were at home on my way in, not totally sure he even got the right ground.
:wall: :wall: :wall: :burn: :burn:

A club is for life

It is two points dropped, and we should never have thrown away a two-goal lead. But I've never seen a ref lose control of a game like this one did. Had no idea what to do about anything and although I can't directly blame him for that awful challenge on Everington, he did set a dangerous precedent with some of the challenges he ignored. It beggars belief that anyone can be that bad at anything. Didn't help that Barrow's tactics were just horrible, but they saw that they had a ref they could manipulate - who can blame them?

Speechless with just how bad that referee was. Had no control over the game, made numerous laughable decisions. What can you do against such ineptitude?

That was 2 points dropped - poor game management and the defence and Farman in particular looked nervy - midfield lacks pace - wide men and big Matt did well - just needed to take bit more of a gamble on goal when in a good position - January strengthening opportunity come at the right time.

That was 2 points dropped - poor game management and the defence and Farman in particular looked nervy - midfield lacks pace - wide men and big Matt did well - just needed to take bit more of a gamble on goal when in a good position - January strengthening opportunity come at the right time.

collingham imps - 19/12/2015 18:44

We heard you the first time!

Without a doubt two points dropped. Their keeper was horrific, how he got away with a point highlights our inability to test him second half. The game got scrappy but the goal before half time was so careless it really killed us.

Not all is lost, still maintain three pieces of quality in the window we could achieve a play off spot.

We are 7th but with the right additions we could easily do what Mansfield a few seasons ago.
If the ref hadn't been a total clown today we would have had at least two if not three penalties ( 2 on Reid and one on Rhead).
Very hit n miss today but I think that had a lot to do with the way they played and the ref letting them do that.
Thought the ref from the alty game was bad but Mr Young was certainly worse he missed so much and got so much wrong it was a disgrace.

Skip155 - 19/12/2015 12:39

My daughter has a 100pct win record and she was coming today. She's not now. The boys will have to do this one without their lucky charm. I think they will. The extended rest came at a good time for us I think.

Changed her mind and came today - lost her 100pct record which is kind of a relief but still unbeaten.

Skip155 - 19/12/2015 19:53

Skip155 - 19/12/2015 12:39

My daughter has a 100pct win record and she was coming today. She's not now. The boys will have to do this one without their lucky charm. I think they will. The extended rest came at a good time for us I think.

Changed her mind and came today - lost her 100pct record which is kind of a relief but still unbeaten.
Same as my daughter, who said after the game ' Dad the ref was a bumhole and could have done a better job!
Bless her :pointy: