Match Thread: Lincoln City V Barrow AFC | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City V Barrow AFC

Yes the match officials did spoil the game, however, had we maintained our focus after the second goal we would have gone in at the interval with a comfortable 2 nil lead. After the initial onslaught in the second half we resorted to a strong wind assisted long ball rather than to feet down the flanks. Had we kept our composure rather than constantly mouthing off at a ref who had long lost the plot, our chances of taking all 3 points would have increased considerably.

Scrimp - 20/12/2015 18:10

Yes the match officials did spoil the game, however, had we maintained our focus after the second goal we would have gone in at the interval with a comfortable 2 nil lead. After the initial onslaught in the second half we resorted to a strong wind assisted long ball rather than to feet down the flanks. Had we kept our composure rather than constantly mouthing off at a ref who had long lost the plot, our chances of taking all 3 points would have increased considerably.

Yes the officials did the spoil the game ,however......... look out here comes some hindsight!

Agreed. When Muldoon had the ball first half he had their left back on toast. If we employed that tactic 2nd half I am sure the lad would of been sent off earlier.

NottyImp - 20/12/2015 12:42

Looks like wood touched the ball and it was just outside the box...
Afraid it looked a penalty to me on the highlights!

Steve O'Dare - 20/12/2015 19:35

NottyImp - 20/12/2015 12:42

Looks like wood touched the ball and it was just outside the box...
Afraid it looked a penalty to me on the highlights!
100% a penalty. Can't believe some people are still questioning the decision

Defo penalty for them. At the time thought he might have been just outside but never a question of whether or not it was a foul!
Just a shame he couldn't give us one of the 2 or 3 clear ones at the other end.
Our lads were also too wound up by the whole situation and continual whining at him was only ever going to make it worse!

Bloodaxe - 20/12/2015 17:10

SIMJON - 20/12/2015 17:02

Davidimp - 20/12/2015 13:48

Offside???? The female assistant referee struggled to keep up with play the whole game, sure she missed us being offside in the first half a few times.

All she did was was flag for throw ins, all match.

In the first half at least looked at the ref before flagging every time.
3 useless idiots yesterday. :wall:

A club is for life
Yep all the three were useless, the lino on the far side in the second half missed two clear pens for us :eek:

I think as soon as the forward got ahead of Wood and Wood went to ground with the tackle we were in trouble, as is always the case no matter what division or whether you get the ball,if the ref is behind the defender who is running back it looks bad.

bbh 11 - 20/12/2015 21:56

I think as soon as the forward got ahead of Wood and Wood went to ground with the tackle we were in trouble, as is always the case no matter what division or whether you get the ball,if the ref is behind the defender who is running back it looks bad.
Didn't their bloke do the same to Reid earlier in the second half?
Thought he went down just in the area but thought it started just outside in the area. IF Wood was last man then it should have been a red, so inconsistent...

Davidimp - 20/12/2015 22:09

bbh 11 - 20/12/2015 21:56

Didn't their bloke do the same to Reid earlier in the second half?
Thought he went down just in the area but thought it started just outside in the area. IF Wood was last man then it should have been a red, so inconsistent...

I thought Rheid should of had two nailed on penalties the first just after Rhead's first goal and the second as you mentioned in the second half. My first gut feeling was that Wood might of been in trouble, but without looking at the highlights, wasn't any of the CB's covering in the centre.

Seemed to me, every time one of their players went up with one of ours for a header they grabbed hold of the City players shirt. Think the only member of the Barrow Personnel who did not want a City shirt, was Liam Hearne.

A club is for life

Bloodaxe - 21/12/2015 07:26

Seemed to me, every time one of their players went up with one of ours for a header they grabbed hold of the City players shirt. Think the only member of the Barrow Personnel who did not want a City shirt, was Liam Hearne.

A club is for life
Nice! :pointy:

This is key for me - had we been smarter after we got our second and seen the first half out, things may well have been very different. I'm also surprised we lost our cool with the ref as this is something Moyses had improved on.

gijsbert_bos - 21/12/2015 11:35

This is key for me - had we been smarter after we got our second and seen the first half out, things may well have been very different. I'm also surprised we lost our cool with the ref as this is something Moyses had improved on.
You imagine Bradley Wood will be round with the fines this morning. I just hope he pays his before asking for others, as he was the biggest offender for getting wound up and chelping at the ref, as much as he deserved it!