Match Thread: Lincoln City v AFC Wimbledon | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v AFC Wimbledon

Bit of a nothing game, but it’s what we wanted to a degree. Hopefully no injuries and now we can spend some time on the training ground trying a few new moves & FKs. Only worry for me was the lack of sharp inter-play which has been our hallmark this season, plus the finishing which seemed to be more than a bit off. Still, I’m sure MA will sort it all out before the first PO game. Now the fun begins 👏👏

Jackson looked absolutely solid when he came on. Think we've missed that physical domination at the back at times. I've been a massive Tayo cheerleader this season but now Brammal has settled i'm thinking maybe he should start LB as his crosses when wide left just seem better but Tayo has a few assists lately from those cute curling ones from a more central position. So many tricky decisions for the manager.

I also prefer Scully left and Rogers 10 but then how the hell do you do that and keep Grant, Bridcutt and McG in CM. Thank god we've got players back to force these tough choices.

On we go!!

Last game of the league of a fantastic season.

Frustrating not to score, but a clean sheet and more importantly no injuries or red cards. Hopefully saving our goals for the play offs.

Can't wait for the play offs.

wimbledon packed their bags at 70 minutes. we continued the good approach play.

we just need to talk about two things,
... finishing... and playing games at home.

That was a classic end of season game, how many of those have I seen over the years? Almost a non-contact game, AFCW offered nothing up front and Lincoln weren't sharp enough to make anything either.

Would much rather play Sunderland than the more direct Oxford and Blackpool.

Shame we couldn't get the 100th goal, but we have equalled the club record points total for the third tier (77) and finished in our highest league position since 1982.

i thought Hortin was away doing Pirate gold or something at the start. then he comes on... i'd rather have had the music.
well, a game where we were poor at finishing. not enough clinical goalscorers in the team for me. its alright getting an open goal and being able to slot it in, but our front players aren't proper strikers.
That said, we gave a good run out to jackson and walsh. i thought TJ had a brilliant game in the first half. although young, he's fast becoming our best centre back. No injuries and going in to the play offs with a full squad to choose from. 8-9 days until that first play off game as well. we've got a good chance, but need to take em out when we get a chance.

Maybe not the best result for this match but real cause for celebration that we are in the frame for promotion to the Championship.

I'm going to say that slowly...

The

C

H

A

M

P

I

O

N

S

H

I

P

At the start of the season, we could only dream of this.

In February, some suggested we could sink without trace...

Playoffs.

Lincoln have made the playoffs to win promotion to the Championship.

And on their way have made the lock downs less of a challenge to me and probably many more. Huge thanks for that.

Compare this with to this date five years ago...

I'm going to celebrate this achievement and urge them to win their way through this most marvellous challenge.

COME ON YOU IMPS LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Jackson looked absolutely solid when he came on. Think we've missed that physical domination at the back at times. I've been a massive Tayo cheerleader this season but now Brammal has settled i'm thinking maybe he should start LB as his crosses when wide left just seem better but Tayo has a few assists lately from those cute curling ones from a more central position. So many tricky decisions for the manager.

I also prefer Scully left and Rogers 10 but then how the hell do you do that and keep Grant, Bridcutt and McG in CM. Thank god we've got players back to force these tough choices.

On we go!!
rogers looks a superb prospect at ten.

scully on for mcgrandles and rogers to number ten looks like the plan b if we are chasing the game. hopefully won't need it.

Oh dear!
‘I promise you this: over my dead body are we not getting in the play-offs.’
Danny Cowley 17/04/21
Does this mean they will be out of work again - sure they only got a contract to the end of the season (basically to ensure Pompey got into the POs).