Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

Well I just spent 10 minutes in the garden retrieving garden furniture from all parts and can vouch it’s bloomin cold in Lincoln

We're probably just short of this being a must win game but this is a vitally important game that we need 3 points from.
It will be interesting to see the players reaction after Tuesday night. We know how we're going to play but if things aren't going quite to plan and after everything that's been said will we have come up with a plan b?
Let's hope we don't have to today.
Conditions may be a bit of a leveller but I'm optimisticly going for a 2-0 victory.......please.

Club confirm game on. Very good news.

Even if we lose 6-0 I’d rather watch that then do chores or talk to the woman in my house I see most every international break. She seems nice to be fair to her.

Attendance will be down by at least 2 due to the weather, but I'd imagine there will be many other exiles not able to make it today now. I will have to make do with Hortin and Tommo commenting on how cold and windy it is every couple of minutes

Attendance will be down by at least 2 due to the weather, but I'd imagine there will be many other exiles not able to make it today now. I will have to make do with Hortin and Tommo commenting on how cold and windy it is every couple of minutes

Add me so down by 3 now...:sorry::mad:

After Tuesday I'm desperately disappointed to have waisted £10 on iFollow and can't muster much excitement for listening to Mr Hortin talking about everything but the game this afternoon. A win would be a fillip but we really need a run of 3 or 4 to keep us in with an outside chance of scraping into the play-offs at the end of the season, otherwise there is a danger that the season will just fizzle out and the incoming in January won't be able to make enough of an impact.

I know I'm a little down on us and that isn't my default position. I just feel the season is slipping away from us and we need to turn around that downward trajectory quickly.

I think that 4-3 game was our last before the first lockdown 2020 wasn’t it. Similar conditions as it is today. The open terrace behind the goal was closed and the 6 rows of seating in Accy’s main away stand had the gale and the heavy rain straight in our faces and all Imps fans got totally drenched. Christ it was a depressing damp journey home that day, just about dried out as we got back to Lincoln. Hell of an entertaining game though!
It is one of those games that will live long in the memory, and not just because of an entertaining, error-strewn, windblown match. Jules, Riiiik and I were standing along the back wall of the stand but still got drenched. I had a fraught journey home, even my heavy car was thrown all over the place by the wind and water lying on the roads. I don't think I have ever been more glad to get home.

All part of life's experiences, though. It is a very nice sunny day here after the wind blew itself out overnight, so my thoughts are with those of you trying to get to the game in difficult conditions. Take care everyone, it is better to arrive late than not at all.

Setting off from South Yorks shortly.
Drive cleared, street looks passable and A1 cameras show clear roads.
I hope I'm not disappointed!

We're probably just short of this being a must win game but this is a vitally important game that we need 3 points from.
It will be interesting to see the players reaction after Tuesday night. We know how we're going to play but if things aren't going quite to plan and after everything that's been said will we have come up with a plan b?
Let's hope we don't have to today.
Conditions may be a bit of a leveller but I'm optimisticly going for a 2-0 victory.......please.
You'd hope no must win games in November

Gainsborough, Grantham , Stamford, Lincoln U games all off for varying weather related reasons

Famous last words, not to tempt fate, but we now have four successive games that offer an opportunity to force our way back into good form: a side that has conceded 37 goals in its last 14 games (Accrington), the team third from bottom of the Football League (Carlisle), a managerless League Two side with four points from nine away games (Hartlepool), and the side bottom of League One with only two wins all season (Crewe).

As per the Yellow Cards 2021-22 thread, today marks the first cut-off point of the season: five yellow cards accumulated on or before today's game incurs a one-match ban.

Thankfully we have no player on more than three yellows, which means we cannot incur any yellow card suspensions for some time. The second cut-off point is the 37th league game, currently scheduled to be the game at AFCW on 12 March: ten yellows will incur a two-match ban. The fact that no one has more than three at this point bodes well for that point also.

Pity if the crowd is below normal as practically all seats in the coop are sold due to the offer, understand totally we people aren't going.

Pity if the crowd is below normal as practically all seats in the coop are sold due to the offer, understand totally we people aren't going.

It'd be handy if ST holders could make their seats available to the club to sell on a match by match basis - I'd be happy to if I wasn't going and wouldn't expect any money.