Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 46 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

FT. Better second half. Thought we had it at 2 - 1 and might even get a third but Accrington fought back well and probably deserved a point. Tayo needed to come on early in the second half - you immediately saw the difference with his control and movement and a better understanding with his team-mates. Grant settled a bit better as well when he had players he knew. Having said that I thought Poole had a good game and will settle in really well with more game time and a better understanding with his team-mates. Lewis looking a bit slower than before. Maybe he needs a couple more games or maybe the conditions just don’t suit our game. Johnson & Rogers are good but they just didn’t quite have the ball under control for most chances tonight. Still four points clear. Onward and upward. 👏👏

There will be plenty more twists & turns over the next 3 months.

Lets hope we can keep up the good work. At least we don't have to play Accrington again this season.

Accrington still have to play Peterborough (away), Portsmouth (home & away), Doncaster (home & away), Charlton (home) & Sunderland (home & away).

They may take a few points of other top teams.

Their next game is against Doncaster (a) on Weds.

2 nice headed goals. but not our usual easy-on-the-eye nifty passing and movement spectacle.
performance-wise that was a backward step. midfield never had any control, and overall, although we tossed away a gift of 3 points... playing like that, we did well to get 1 point imo.
accrington are a decent side, outplayed us for the majority of both league games. when 11v11.
i am wondering whether mental tiredness in a few of our fellas played a part in the sloppiness?
seriously p*ssed off that bridcutt is out for 4-6 weeks.

Time to rest Johnson. Him and Rogers in rve same side seems a luxury. We look like we would benefit from rhw energy of Scullt and Andersin for now. Came up against a good side so a point not bad.

There will be plenty more twists & turns over the next 3 months.

Lets hope we can keep up the good work. At least we don't have to play Accrington again this season.

Accrington still have to play Peterborough (away), Portsmouth (home & away), Doncaster (home & away), Charlton (home) & Sunderland (home & away).

They may take a few points of other top teams.

Their next game is against Doncaster (a) on Weds.
Amen to that.

After all the stats of how few we've conceded late, one tonight was inevitable!

Draw was fair, a win would have been a steal. Far from our best, 1st half we were awful so credit for a much better 2nd half, Tayo and Scully significant in that. Accy sharp and committed, much better than the version in the pizza cup a few weeks ago.

On to Wednesday then the supposedly 'easier' run of matches. Lots of hard work and frayed nerve ends ahead, but 4 points more in the bag than anyone else.

Very poor to average second half. I for one know the advantages that Johnson and Rogers bring however they are wasteful and give the ball away continually and in poor places. Was Jones on the pitch? High press mitigated our play and Palmer's distribution suffered. Grant also missing first half. This was a game for Scully and Anderson. First bonkers decision by Appleton on the full backs and Montsma. Too many changes and our full backs are a key position. Appleton has more information than us but that one looks wrong.

Difficult game. second half we were much better than the first. felt like we had 4 players carrying the rest of the team. for me, we've had a few games like that this season, but at least we got a point, long way to go yet. Lincoln look like they are still very much learning with a team full of young lads, just need to keep digging in. I think we play much better in better weather, so doing well to slog through the winter months and picking up points.

At least we got a point today. Shame we didn't win, but Accrington could have been out of sight. A point is better than nothing, and I bet Hull, Donny and Charlton wish they got a point yesterday. It is going to be a nail bitter for the rest of the season! Shame Bridcutt is out. Key player. UTI

As good as our defensive numbers are, we've only kept 4 clean sheets in 14 home games. Our home games have been tougher - we've played 10 of the current top 12 teams at home and those 4 clean sheets were against top half teams. Hopefully we can keep a few more in the coming weeks.