Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

Pretty shocking first half.

We really don't look up for it. Accrington haven't created an awful lot but they deserve to be ahead. They've pressed well and winning the battle with ease. We're carrying too many players today who need to get stuck in.

Accrington defend well in packs and will be hard to break down, particularly asthey won't allow many counter attacking opportunities.

Well can't sugarcoat that first half by us...........shite

Need a reaction in the second half. Hair dryer out please MA. Don't think anyone on our team is playing anywhere near how they can.

Still 45 to go and not out of it

Really poor first half Mr Coleman is a very good manager and 5hey are making us play long balls up to Hooper which is not our style.

i know it is his debut but Bramhall is struggling and I thought MA was playing with fire making 4 changes at the back for one game one hell of a risk.

Really poor first half Mr Coleman is a very good manager and 5hey are making us play long balls up to Hooper which is not our style.

i know it is his debut but Bramhall is struggling and I thought MA was playing with fire making 4 changes at the back for one game one hell of a risk.

Three changes... but feels like four.

Christ, we are missing Bridcutt's organisational skills .... not to mention both full-backs.

I'd have Scully & Harry on at half-time, Rogers & Johnson both very poor tonight.

I'm not sure that first 45 mins was worth the earache I've received over having our Valentine's meal early.

sorry to say, but another poor first half from Lincoln. In fact that was probably the worst 45 minutes i've seen this season. We aren't challenging for the ball. There doesnt seem to be options on for the man with the ball, he's forced into 1 obvious pass to make. We have a few changes in the starting line up so could be down to that. Accrington are playing well though.
I'd make some changes if i were Appleton. Anderson on for Johnson and Edun on for Bramhall i think. Nobody's having a good game for us.

Challenging first half.

Accrington showing why they are in top 7.

Imps rotate squad and new players struggling to find the rhythm and pace of the game in defence.

Too many players trying too hard now we are a goal down (Rogers and Johnson particularly) so taking one touch too many, forgetting the method and giving the ball away.

Don't take anything away from Accrington- they have come with a game plan and it is working for them. Haven't seen us kick the ball out from the keeper like this since MA took charge.

It's football, it happens. Not much different than Sunderland and Pompey at home in first half. Difference is Accrington only take a 1 goal lead into half time.

All to play for 2nd half