Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

Damn, going to have to cancel the meal in the fancy restaurant I’d booked for the misses and Valentine’s Day.

Seems the decision makes sense, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Is it acceptable to wear lucky socks two days in a row? Asking for a friend..

Half my back grass is playable, the other half needs a bit of forking, and you would need to dodge around the flower bed. Will leave the marking out until morning.

Major bollock dropped here by club.

Most of potential audience will no doubt be busy at meal time 14th Feb. I was going to buy this match but will not now.

Should have made it sociable time for the fans.
I've been following the Imps since 1964 (or 5). The current Mrs. has only been around since 1996. She understands what comes first.

Sorry guys this is all my fault. When I heard it was in doubt I immediately contacted the club and said if they arranged it for Sunday it had to be later as my local Marks and Spencer's Food Hall put their second yellow sticker goods out at 3pm with savings of between 70% and 90%, and I typically get a £100 shop to fill my freezer for about £15.

They immediately concurred that it was a no brainer and agreed to a 6pm start so I could also get tea over, after the shop.

For the record my wife of 34 years is delighted that her M&S bargain shop will be going ahead and 'not ruined by the bloody football'.
Reminds me of the old joke:-

I rang the football club to ask what time the match started, they replied "what time can you get here?".

Frost is an indication of moisture freezing - the ground itself could still be rock solid frozen with no surface frost, which is the case in this manor.

Could well be very tricky late in the 2nd half. Anyone remember the Crystal Palace match were the pitch froze solid in the 2nd half and ref Kilpatrick - he of the huge lambchop side burns and the World champion of running backwards, called the match off well into the 2nd half?
Yes, I remember. One of my first City games. We were one nil down when the match was abandoned. Palace were then manged by Terry Venables and were tipped to be the Team of the 80s (yes, I know this game was played in 1976. Is it really that long ago?). It was a bitterly cold day and probably the only time when I was pleased that the match finished early, what with us losing as well and not looking like equalising.
I was 12 then and had gone to the match with a couple of school friends. Those were the days when you could get in the ground without an adult no matter how old you were (or at least we did). Can kids still do that?
After the match we were walking along St Catherines when the Palace supporters' coaches went past and we gave them a few friendly hand gestures to encourage them on their way. When they started to slow down just before the turn off to Cross O'Cliff Hill we legged it pretty quickly! Ah, the innocence of youth!

Yes, I remember. One of my first City games. We were one nil down when the match was abandoned. Palace were then manged by Terry Venables and were tipped to be the Team of the 80s (yes, I know this game was played in 1976. Is it really that long ago?). It was a bitterly cold day and probably the only time when I was pleased that the match finished early, what with us losing as well and not looking like equalising.
I was 12 then and had gone to the match with a couple of school friends. Those were the days when you could get in the ground without an adult no matter how old you were (or at least we did). Can kids still do that?
After the match we were walking along St Catherines when the Palace supporters' coaches went past and we gave them a few friendly hand gestures to encourage them on their way. When they started to slow down just before the turn off to Cross O'Cliff Hill we legged it pretty quickly! Ah, the innocence of youth!

The Imps won the rearanged fixture coming back from 0-2 down to win a five goal thriller! Palace were on a real roll at the time if memory serves. They did however beat the Imps 4-0 in a canter in the return at Selhurst Park.