Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

With no league game on Tuesday, if we lose against Accrington today, we could drop as low as 5th by the time we have finished the PJ Trophy game. Even if we draw we could still drop to 4th.

Well, as Portsmouth's game at Crewe is postponed today they couldn't catch us even if they were to win at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

Posh's game at Blackpool is also off today, so they'd have to win at Gillingham on Tuesday to go above us.

Weather report from Lincoln, whilst I still have snow on lawn, actually no frost this morning on car, pavements etc.

Frost is an indication of moisture freezing - the ground itself could still be rock solid frozen with no surface frost, which is the case in this manor.

Could well be very tricky late in the 2nd half. Anyone remember the Crystal Palace match were the pitch froze solid in the 2nd half and ref Kilpatrick - he of the huge lambchop side burns and the World champion of running backwards, called the match off well into the 2nd half?

Thanks Impalex, I missed the Portsmouth postponement.

Postponed yesterday already, as was the Blackpool game - both frozen pitches.

Also note, Doncaster play at Sunderland today and would need to win that, and then at least draw at home to Accrington on Tuesday to go above us, assuming that we do lose today (which I am sure we won't).

Not sure I understand this. Appreciate why today’s game called off if the pitch is frozen but by having tomorrow’s KO later at 6pm surely the temp will be dropping again by that time 🤔

Not sure I understand this. Appreciate why today’s game called off if the pitch is frozen but by having tomorrow’s KO later at 6pm surely the temp will be dropping again by that time 🤔
The article on the OS states regular pitch inspections from noon. Looking at the forecast for Lincoln, there will be 3 degrees and rain from around 3pm, which should make it perfectly playable.

Major bollock dropped here by club.

Most of potential audience will no doubt be busy at meal time 14th Feb. I was going to buy this match but will not now.

Should have made it sociable time for the fans.