Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

DC played a load of youngsters; Raggett, Woodyard, Chapman, Ginnelly, Bonne, JMD, Long, Angol, Toffolo and probably many more I've missed!

Raggett, Woodyard and Toffolo came into the team and stayed. Chapman went out on loan, Ginnelly had snatches of minutes, JMD had a few games then went home. Angol came in the second time and didn't get a game. Long was on the bench covering for Eardley and I don't remember Bonne. To me, it seemed that if they weren't first team starters, they were mainly there to make up the numbers in training. I never felt (with the possible exception of Chapman) that they were being developed to step up or integrate into the first team.

So does that mean the semi-final winners don't get anything until it is decided who the ultimate winner is, or is it actually £50k for a semi-final win and £50k for a final win - nothing for either loser.

That's the way I read it.

To put it another way, once the final has been decided the loser gets £50,000 for winning their semi-final. The Trophy winner also gets £50,000 for winning their semi-final and another £50,000 for winning the final.

Subject to confirmation!

But the way it's listed seems a way of disguising the fact that the prize money for winning the final is no more than for winning any game from the quarter final onwards.

From the Acc forum

"Don't think their keeper has had to make a save and in truth it could have been 6 or 7 -0, very very poor performance irigardless of our line up they weren't the under 17,s they were squad members and basically played off the park,"

"Lincoln first team were not playing tonight was only 3 or 4 of them played last sat, not a shock but there squad is much stronger than ours. fact. "

Impalex would have field day on their forum.:tophat:

Raggett, Woodyard and Toffolo came into the team and stayed. Chapman went out on loan, Ginnelly had snatches of minutes, JMD had a few games then went home. Angol came in the second time and didn't get a game. Long was on the bench covering for Eardley and I don't remember Bonne. To me, it seemed that if they weren't first team starters, they were mainly there to make up the numbers in training. I never felt (with the possible exception of Chapman) that they were being developed to step up or integrate into the first team.

Fair enough. I think they were all brought in with the.aim of being first teamers, the problem was we had some really good, experienced pros at that level that made it very hard to do so.

Fair enough. I think they were all brought in with the.aim of being first teamers, the problem was we had some really good, experienced pros at that level that made it very hard to do so.

Grant and Anderson as well of course. And Melbourne and Lewis.

In contrast, Scully and Edun have begun to claim a place, I can see Elbouzedi, Gotts and Roughan getting more opportunities as the season progresses and (I may be wrong, but) I can even see Melbourne, Archibald and Howarth further developing their game with us.

Maybe it is their age and enthusiasm, but it seems different to me when compared to Bolger, Cocker, Palmer, Wilson, and Farman, Even Waterfall, Rhead, Pett, Frecklington and Akinde seemed to be on a slope out of the club as they became squad players. The same feeling doesn't seem to be about the place at the moment.

Coleman having a dig at us for not filling the bench, wants to mind his own business.

It's a mini-dig isn't it. Normally I'd have a bit of sympathy with his point of view re youth. What's the harm - good experience, etc. Actually though at the moment there is harm - I don't imagine the first team and youth are mixing too much at the moment and we have an ongoing COVID issue to manage.

So who is left to play in the Northern section, we know Hull and Sunderland joined us in the quarters.

Coleman having a dig at us for not filling the bench, wants to mind his own business.

We have no reserve squad, under 23s or under 21s and our u18s had a game tonight (which they won against Huddersfield). We have Morton, McGrandles, Archibald (thigh strain on Friday) and Montsma out injured and Hopper, Anderson and (I think Jones) isolating with Covid. If Aaron Lewis plays he won't get a game for the rest of the season, so who the hell does he expect us to put on the bench?

A Gnome with a fishing rod? That wouldn't have rubbed his nose in it any more?

Another example of talking without finding out the facts.

Have a lot of respect for Coleman and what he's achieved at Accrington, and not listened to the interview: but if he's said 'not fair, Lincoln put out a stronger side, and criticises us for just 4 on the bench - 3 teenagers ' he can sling one and loses some of that respect.

He picked his side, they were totally outclassed and he needs to accept that without dissembling.

In contrast, Scully and Edun have begun to claim a place, I can see Elbouzedi, Gotts and Roughan getting more opportunities as the season progresses and (I may be wrong, but) I can even see Melbourne, Archibald and Howarth further developing their game with us.

Maybe it is their age and enthusiasm, but it seems different to me when compared to Bolger, Cocker, Palmer, Wilson, and Farman, Even Waterfall, Rhead, Pett, Frecklington and Akinde seemed to be on a slope out of the club as they became squad players. The same feeling doesn't seem to be about the place at the moment.
It's an interesting point.

Under DC it felt like we signed for the first team, then they fell away and were replaced, which as you say, may have been due to age some of the time whereas now it feels like we've got players going the other way and forcing themselves into the first team - Scully, Elb, Edun forced his way in after not being in the XI much earlier in the season, Harry has to forced his way in this season after limited game time last season as well.

Have a lot of respect for Coleman and what he's achieved at Accrington, and not listened to the interview: but if he's said 'not fair, Lincoln put out a stronger side, and criticises us for just 4 on the bench - 3 teenagers ' he can sling one and loses some of that respect.

He picked his side, they were totally outclassed and he needs to accept that without dissembling.
It wasn't quite like that, he said the best team won and had no complaints.

Weird comment about the bench, though. When you're missing 8(?) from an already small first team squad and the U18's have already played today, then we were lucky to find four for the bench!