Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

With a bit of consistency Zack will be an important player for us. it was enjoyable watching him torment the Accrington defence that struggled to cope with his pace and unpredictability. Many good performances from the team this morning, just a shame it wasn't a league game.

I think going forward he is a good asset to have, but potentially the reason why he is not a first team regular maybe his defensive contribution to the game. Watched him where I could camera willing and perhaps that aspect of his game is the reason why.

The cup games have a been a joy this season. Accrington, Mansfail, Bradford, Shrewsbury and Forest Grim Rovers. Love the fact Coleman moaning at the end. He is totally responsible for his team being tormented this evening. Chose the wrong side. Probably our most complete performance of the season and that is with us missing a number of sitters and clear cut chances. It could have been 8/9 nil.

According to this £40,000 for a win in the 3rd round Luke
Prize money available

Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw

Round Two: £20k for a win

Round Three: £40k for a win

Quarter Final: £50k for a win

Runner-up: £50k

Winner: £100k

So I think that's £80k already and potentially a further £150k.

And depending if we can make another final and if it gets delayed enough, tiny chance we might be able to go !

Elbouzedi got to be man of the match - scored one goal (should have had two more) and involved in two others. Bridcutt next best after him, good game by Edun, I thought Gotts had a better second half and Howarth did well.

Gotts's goal means 15 players have scored this season - not counting OG.

cherryexile said:
Not sure if this is a positive of the Covid changes, or just a consequence of the 'MA way', but I really think we are more engaged with the whole squad of players as a result of getting to see more of them slot into the team and do their thing. It seems much more of a 'whole squad' approach than during previous regimes.

DC's FA Trophy side were very similar to be fair.

For me, the difference there is 'side' and 'squad'. DC always talked about squad, but then tried to put out the same 11 players every week. He didn't rotate, or blood youngsters (not that I remember anyway), whereas this year we have seen every one of our squad play except Aaron Lewis.

The cup games have a been a joy this season. Accrington, Mansfail, Bradford, Shrewsbury and Forest Grim Rovers. Love the fact Coleman moaning at the end. He is totally responsible for his team being tormented this evening. Chose the wrong side. Probably our most complete performance of the season and that is with us missing a number of sitters and clear cut chances. It could have been 8/9 nil.
At least a couple of those without playing a proper striker either.

According to this £40,000 for a win in the 3rd round Luke
Prize money available

Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw

Round Two: £20k for a win

Round Three: £40k for a win

Quarter Final: £50k for a win

Runner-up: £50k

Winner: £100k

So does that mean the semi-final winners don't get anything until it is decided who the ultimate winner is, or is it actually £50k for a semi-final win and £50k for a final win - nothing for either loser.

cherryexile said:
Not sure if this is a positive of the Covid changes, or just a consequence of the 'MA way', but I really think we are more engaged with the whole squad of players as a result of getting to see more of them slot into the team and do their thing. It seems much more of a 'whole squad' approach than during previous regimes.

For me, the difference there is 'side' and 'squad'. DC always talked about squad, but then tried to put out the same 11 players every week. He didn't rotate, or blood youngsters (not that I remember anyway), whereas this year we have seen every one of our squad play except Aaron Lewis.

DC played a load of youngsters; Raggett, Woodyard, Chapman, Ginnelly, Bonne, JMD, Long, Angol, Toffolo and probably many more I've missed!

From the Acc forum

"Don't think their keeper has had to make a save and in truth it could have been 6 or 7 -0, very very poor performance irigardless of our line up they weren't the under 17,s they were squad members and basically played off the park,"

"Lincoln first team were not playing tonight was only 3 or 4 of them played last sat, not a shock but there squad is much stronger than ours. fact. "

We saw most players under DC as well. You can also pretty much name an MA starting XI bar maybe the right forward position, it doesn't feel like we've rotated too much for league games.