Match thread: Ipswich V Forest sponsored by BRITISH LAMB | Vital Football

Match thread: Ipswich V Forest sponsored by BRITISH LAMB

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
Bottom club Ipswich are the side we MUST beat today if we have any hope of the play offs. The rollercoaster ride is particularly bumpy this season due to the high expectations we have/had. If we take our Forest hats off, you wouldn’t give us a chance of the play offs because we are far too inconsistent. However, the blind faith needed to follow Forest puts a little gorilla glue beneath the rim (steady AC) of that hat means we can’t pull it off (cwoaaar).

Forest will have defender Jack Robinson available again following a two-match suspension. Striker Lewis Grabban missed the midweek home defeat by Aston Villa as he recovers from an Achilles injury and will not be rushed back into action. Theres more to that one than meets the eye, feel free to PM Adebolacornflakes for hot goss on the situation.

I would put Robbo back in, because I feel Colback is less effective when covering Osborbs arse.

Collin Quaner is back into contention for the tractor boys after the striker missed the midweek draw at Bristol City with a minor knee problem and defender James Collins (calf) has also resumed training. Forward Will Keane (hamstring) and Emyr Huws (knee) are not yet match fit, while Tom Adeyemi (Achilles), Grant Ward (knee), Jack Lankester (back) and Freddie Sears (knee) all continue their rehabilitation. Orbz loves Ipswich and has made sure he sent them get well soon sweets to their training ground to aid their rehabilitation.

Ansarifard and midfielder Joao Carvalho were both drafted into the team on Wednesday night, but Forest boss Martin O'Neill could again freshen up the side again because the former his shit. I said this after his cameo role but was shot down by the clique who hailed him as the saviour of the frontline. Matty Cash is available having trained in the week so I expect to see him back in the team.

Ipswich have lost four of their last five Championship matches against Nottingham Forest, winning the other 4-2 at Portman Road last season.

Nottingham Forest have won just one of their last six visits to Ipswich in the Championship (W1 D1 L4), a 2-0 win in November 2016.

Martin O'Neill will be the seventh different Nottingham Forest manager that Paul Lambert has faced in his last seven league games against them - Davies, Freedman, Williams, Montanier, Warburton and Karanka the previous six. Shocking eh?

Five of Ipswich's last six Championship matches have ended 1-1, with the Tractor Boys losing the other 1-2 against Reading. Martin O'Neill hasn't faced Ipswich Town since the 1996-97 League Cup quarter-final, when his Leicester City side won 1-0 at Portman Road courtesy of a Mark Robins goal.

I am wearing the hat and the rose tinted bins. 2-0 win with Lolley getting 1 and Benaloony the other.

The weather his shit. Blustery and wet, like one of Ingys trumps after hes had his mums onion gravy chap. Onion gravy is the perfect plate companion for todays sponsor; British Lamb.

Remoaners will tell you our imported meat is better for you BUT like the Brexiteers 350m NHS BS, they're lying. Buy British Lamb for tomorrows dinner and don't let the remoaning pseuds convince you to sway towards those racist NZ lambs

03056866-8a28-4178-988b-99e50eda86c4_800.jpg

Cracking Fred chap!

I can't help but feel today will be typical Forest and we'll be the perfect opposition for a team desperately needing a win.

Not sure about THAT sponsor chap. THAT sort of talk should be kept on THAT other Fred.

Will Woanz be at this one the ***u*?

Anyone going ?
I'll be in Ipswich about 12 but will avoid the away pub opposite the station as was fiver a pint last time !
Not sure where I'll be heading yet.

First goal will be important again.

Let Ipswich have it and I can see us having problems getting back into it.

They are the worst team in the division by a mile. We took Bolton apart 3-0 and these are worse. They are astonishingly ineffective up front, but this is the championship and lack of respect tends to lead to lack of points.

It's an odd season. Our away win record is absolutely shocking, but it doesn't feel like we've been that bad away. Reading, Birmingham, Stoke have all been really poor away performances but most others feel like we have done reasonably well and there are several we should have won

Good thread Apollyon, you're an optimist as well, can't see us winning this one although I'd be delighted if we do. Play offs are out of reach but no reason why we shouldn't give our all. Hope the players have the same view !

Great thread as usual! Gone for 1-0 to us in the prediction league. Think MON will revert to type and it will be a pragmatic, dour affair with few ‘proper’ chances for either side with us nicking a scrappy winner.

Not sure where i drinking yet probably go in station pub for one but i be wearing a grey forest track top with neon yellow stripes down arms so be easy to spot if anyone wants to ponce a beer off me.?

Bottom club Ipswich are the side we MUST beat today if we have any hope of the play offs. The rollercoaster ride is particularly bumpy this season due to the high expectations we have/had. If we take our Forest hats off, you wouldn’t give us a chance of the play offs because we are far too inconsistent. However, the blind faith needed to follow Forest puts a little gorilla glue beneath the rim (steady AC) of that hat means we can’t pull it off (cwoaaar).

Forest will have defender Jack Robinson available again following a two-match suspension. Striker Lewis Grabban missed the midweek home defeat by Aston Villa as he recovers from an Achilles injury and will not be rushed back into action. Theres more to that one than meets the eye, feel free to PM Adebolacornflakes for hot goss on the situation.

I would put Robbo back in, because I feel Colback is less effective when covering Osborbs arse.

Collin Quaner is back into contention for the tractor boys after the striker missed the midweek draw at Bristol City with a minor knee problem and defender James Collins (calf) has also resumed training. Forward Will Keane (hamstring) and Emyr Huws (knee) are not yet match fit, while Tom Adeyemi (Achilles), Grant Ward (knee), Jack Lankester (back) and Freddie Sears (knee) all continue their rehabilitation. Orbz loves Ipswich and has made sure he sent them get well soon sweets to their training ground to aid their rehabilitation.

Ansarifard and midfielder Joao Carvalho were both drafted into the team on Wednesday night, but Forest boss Martin O'Neill could again freshen up the side again because the former his shit. I said this after his cameo role but was shot down by the clique who hailed him as the saviour of the frontline. Matty Cash is available having trained in the week so I expect to see him back in the team.

Ipswich have lost four of their last five Championship matches against Nottingham Forest, winning the other 4-2 at Portman Road last season.

Nottingham Forest have won just one of their last six visits to Ipswich in the Championship (W1 D1 L4), a 2-0 win in November 2016.

Martin O'Neill will be the seventh different Nottingham Forest manager that Paul Lambert has faced in his last seven league games against them - Davies, Freedman, Williams, Montanier, Warburton and Karanka the previous six. Shocking eh?

Five of Ipswich's last six Championship matches have ended 1-1, with the Tractor Boys losing the other 1-2 against Reading. Martin O'Neill hasn't faced Ipswich Town since the 1996-97 League Cup quarter-final, when his Leicester City side won 1-0 at Portman Road courtesy of a Mark Robins goal.

I am wearing the hat and the rose tinted bins. 2-0 win with Lolley getting 1 and Benaloony the other.

The weather his shit. Blustery and wet, like one of Ingys trumps after hes had his mums onion gravy chap. Onion gravy is the perfect plate companion for todays sponsor; British Lamb.

Remoaners will tell you our imported meat is better for you BUT like the Brexiteers 350m NHS BS, they're lying. Buy British Lamb for tomorrows dinner and don't let the remoaning pseuds convince you to sway towards those racist NZ lambs

03056866-8a28-4178-988b-99e50eda86c4_800.jpg
Nice to see that Emlyn Huws is nearly back from the dead, I miss his old commodore 64 game.

Ipswich are playing well at the minute.I watched them v Bristol on Sky midweek and they play it around well and have some good skilful young players.They are playing without any worry as they know their fate is sealed.Their Achilles heel though is crosses as ,other than Chambers, they are not the best at defending set pieces.

Ipswich are playing well at the minute.I watched them v Bristol on Sky midweek and they play it around well and have some good skilful young players.They are playing without any worry as they know their fate is sealed.Their Achilles heel though is crosses as ,other than Chambers, they are not the best at defending set pieces.
I also watched them against Bristol.

Lots of pointless football and utterly embarrassing up front. No idea how they scored as I was making a cup of tea at the time.

Their players always have a mistake in them as well

Last edited:
Pantillimon,
Darikwa, Benny, Wague, Robinson
Colback, Yates, Pele
Lolley, Murphy, Osborn

Carvalho drops to the bench. Not super exciting going forward at all but fairly competent. Will compete and this might be Osborn's kind of game. This is where he made his debut I believe

MON reverting to type a bit with the changes although I am not sure who I would prefer from Ansarifard and Murphy. Both equally flawed as the focal point of our front line.

Chambers plays against us. They have Cole Skuse in midfield. I remember him playing for Bristol in our League 1 days and didn't think he was that young even then.

Allan Judge looks on paper like their most decent player but in fairness I've not heard of any of the others

Collin Quaner plays up front for them. He's number 45, which doesn't say much for where he is placed in the squad

MON reverting to type a bit with the changes although I am not sure who I would prefer from Ansarifard and Murphy. Both equally flawed as the focal point of our front line.
They are both poor from a goal threat point of view

Murphy at least is a team player and helps others. Ansarifard is a cheating git