Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Last Saturday at Wimbledon was typical of our recent displays.":

"We really need to put our chances away. Last Saturday at Wimbledon was typical of our recent displays where we played well but when chances were made they were not taken. When we are making those chances we need to be clinical and make them count."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/last-saturday-at-wimbledon-was-typical-of-our-recent-displays/

MA: "We'll give Ipswich all the respect they deserve.":

In his press conference, Michael Appleton was clearly relishing the prospect of facing Ipswich Town ahead of the FA Cup clash on Saturday.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ma-well-give-ipswich-all-the-respect-they-deserve/

Who Will We Be Shouting At This Week? - Ipswich Town v Lincoln City:

The Football Association has now announced the officials that will take charge of the match between Ipswich Town and Lincoln City on Saturday afternoon.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ing-at-this-week-ipswich-town-v-lincoln-city/

"Anything less from here would feel like a failure." (Who Are Ya?):

"In a word, promotion. Anything less from here would feel like a failure."

The first set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/anything-less-from-here-would-feel-like-a-failure/

The second set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...re-would-feel-like-a-failure/2/#gallery-slide

Another early thread because I'm heading to London for the weekend soon!

Borrowed from the excellent @FACupFactfile on Twitter:

Within the all-EFL ties, Ipswich Town will be looking to try to win their first FA Cup match for ten years as they take on Lincoln City, who won more FA Cup games in 2016-17’s journey to the Quarter Finals alone (including a Cupset victory over Ipswich) than their opponents have done across their last 16 campaigns.

Well, that was a very stressful and confusing start to my journey to London. I will post more later once I have had time to relax!

Well, that was a very stressful and confusing start to my journey to London. I will post more later once I have had time to relax!

Now I have checked in I will add to this.

At about 13:00 I messaged LNER on Facebook asking if it would be OK to travel on their 13:23 direct service to Kings Cross because there was some doubt about my connecting train at Peterborough. They asked whether the 13:23 was one of their trains and I confirmed this, so they said yes and also said it was fine to travel in first.

I then got on the train and asked the train manager, and showed him the messages on Facebook and he said it was fine.

When he came down he asked to check my ticket and then tried to charge me about £50.00 from Lincoln to Peterborough in first, despite saying it was fine before departure. He said he would kick me off at Newark if I didn't pay.

So, I stood my ground and waited until Newark. A different train manager got on, read the messages and said it was fine. It was a mistake by whoever replied on Facebook, and not mine!

Anyway, if anyone can recommend any good pubs to drink Cider in zones 1-5, that would be great!

Just to remind us all a FA cup dream can always happen, especially those which involve Ipswich

Great video that. One thing I remember just before the Oldham game there was some kind of FB live preview, with Rob Makepiece, Alan Long in one of the boxes South Park end. In the background (on the pitch) there was a lone figure and he was doing cartwheels.
Turned out it was Theo Robinson practising his celebration. who of course scored two on the night. Only did the cartwheel after the first though, brilliant!

Now I have checked in I will add to this.

At about 13:00 I messaged LNER on Facebook asking if it would be OK to travel on their 13:23 direct service to Kings Cross because there was some doubt about my connecting train at Peterborough. They asked whether the 13:23 was one of their trains and I confirmed this, so they said yes and also said it was fine to travel in first.

I then got on the train and asked the train manager, and showed him the messages on Facebook and he said it was fine.

When he came down he asked to check my ticket and then tried to charge me about £50.00 from Lincoln to Peterborough in first, despite saying it was fine before departure. He said he would kick me off at Newark if I didn't pay.

So, I stood my ground and waited until Newark. A different train manager got on, read the messages and said it was fine. It was a mistake by whoever replied on Facebook, and not mine!

Anyway, if anyone can recommend any good pubs to drink Cider in zones 1-5, that would be great!
Well I hope you took advantage of the better complementary 1st class food & drink offer available from Lincoln rather than Peterborough!

Back in the day ,1983ish I used to spend some weekends with a rather attractive Young Lady from Highgate way .Used to drink in the Bull and Last or go down to Camden Lock for a few. Tricky to Juggle though because I had two more on the go back in Lincoln .
Didn't they go flat being unattended so long and at risk of being spiked?

Back in the day ,1983ish I used to spend some weekends with a rather attractive Young Lady from Highgate way .Used to drink in the Bull and Last or go down to Camden Lock for a few. Tricky to Juggle though because I had two more on the go back in Lincoln .
I'd pay good money to see 3 pints being juggled, a future attraction for the Fans Zone?

You’ll be (un)surprised to hear that the Bull and Last is now a gastropub - to the extent they don’t like you going in there and just having a pint at the bar.

You’ll be (un)surprised to hear that the Bull and Last is now a gastropub - to the extent they don’t like you going in there and just having a pint at the bar.
About 15 years ago I was walking the West Highland Way. One night, I and several staff members went to the Glenmoriston Arms. We ordered six pints and then went to sit down.

"Sorry," said the barkeep, "the seats are only for people who are eating"

Up steps one of our number...

"Can I have six packets of crisps please"....

We didn't stop long.

Lincoln City...won more FA Cup games in 2016-17’s journey to the Quarter Finals alone (including a Cupset victory over Ipswich) than their opponents have done across their last 16 campaigns.
Isn't that amazing?

Ipswich would be fully justified in thinking they really owe us one...

I’m assuming, as it’s the FA Cup, that there won’t be any I-Follow video for this match - just audio?