Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City

There's a nice little film on Now TV at the moment. 'The Bromley Boys'. It's set in the 1969-70 season about a 15 year old lad who is obsessed about Bromley FC. I think it will be up every football fan's street.

The film is based on book of the same name. The author is the lad in question . He is still seen at Bromley games. He then wrote "Home and Away" based on Bromleys first ever season in the National league . Both are great reads.

Sorry if already mentioned but the draw for the next round is on tonight around 7pm on BBC2.

We and Ipswich are ball number 1.

Our goal on Saturday reminded me of the below from our home game against MK last season:

I also thought that in patches, MK showed a bit of L1 in them (think they have quite a few from last season remaining) in the sense that they're passing was so quick and positive in counter attacking positions. That's the kinda thing you'd be up against consistently if we went up.

I can't recall having any side under Cowley getting three passes in and going from one box to the other as quickly.

In the sense that that was what our goal was like (as was one of our Sunderland goals).

I'm a little reluctant to comment too much because I've seen comparably fewer games under MA to most on here I suspect, but it feels as though we're starting to play a little more of a L1 way but not quite with attributes required throughout the squad (not to say it's a bad first XI because it isn't), which, I suppose, is to be expected because different managers, different styles, different requirements etc.

At the minute, this feels a bit of short term pain for long term gain because I don't watch us play a feel like there isn't a plan or a structure. It's feeling fine lines at the minute - not quite clinical enough, not quite tight enough either. Gut feeling is that we went through a period like this from September-November in our first season back in L2 and things started to settle down after that point.

And Bromley did indeed get one so that puts us third/fourth on the replay list I think ( as Gills-Sunderland will be similar to us) so an outside chance only of BT dependent on how many replays they want to show.

Bromley v Bristol Rovers is live on tele 19th BT sport

I see from the highlights Payne I think hit the post as the penalty was awarded, interesting what the decision would have been if he had scored
Think the ref had already blown, but could have looked to see if there was an advantage