Match Thread Imps v Blackpool | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread Imps v Blackpool

I could sense the increasing frustration with every move made to try and make it 3-0 in the second half. Like they knew they had to get all their stuff in before Lincoln woke up and stopped faffing at the back.

Appleton's lot are decent at turning defeats into points so every credit to them for getting something out of it. They made their two week recovery break and attacking subs count whereas we just didn't have any to make. Oh for a Gary Madine to come off the bench for some last 10 mins shithousery. Left with not a totally empty feeling after that one, but close. Which is such a shame as I can't remember too many performances that have threatened to completely brush aside a defence as much as Simms did there. And the move and finish for Kaikai's goal was a thing of beauty that should have won a game and not stopped us from losing it, in the end.

Well, we have managed to drop another two points caused by the defensive line dropping back for the last 20 minutes. When are they going to learn? They had played the high line and attacking football all the game up until then and it had worked so incredibly well. The coaches should have had this problem sorted weeks and weeks ago when it became glaringly obvious to us mere mortals.

Last edited:
" caused by the defensive line dropping back for the last 20 minutes. " might it of been a case of we like most of others playing our type of football are tiring of the Sat, Tues. I know we had extra time due to Easter but Lincoln may of been match rusty at KO wouldnt of been anywhere near as shagged as our lads for the final 20.

Yeah I agree mate: their subs made a big difference whereas we had 4 defenders and a keeper on the bench so hands were tied.

Ultimately if we had killed them off at 2-0 up as we were threatening to do so it'd have been a great win.

Yeah I agree mate: their subs made a big difference whereas we had 4 defenders and a keeper on the bench so hands were tied.

Ultimately if we had killed them off at 2-0 up as we were threatening to do so it'd have been a great win.
Said that at the time, they brought on subs who just stepped up their tempo - and we had nothing in response. It looked like the amount of games and injuries is just starting to catch up a bit.

That said, we've clearly got some mental block about defending leads. Happened too many times this season to just be fitness.