Match Thread: Huddersfield Town v Lincoln City | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Huddersfield Town v Lincoln City

We used to look in envy when the likes of Scunny pulled out big tie after big tie. How times have changed?

Another fantastic chance to fill the Bank, and potentially receive some great PR which will hopefully knock onto the league games.

Didn't Clive go to Barrow on the terraces in the NL title season?? His presence may not always be the proverbial rabbit's foot, it's just his money we want :clap:

But the Clive connection is box office for the likes of Sky, he needs to announce very loudly tomorrow (sorry, today) he's on the way over and available for interviews/pieces a la MK (swear filters to max), I have a Now TV pass unused from Bury and for midweek, for me, they got the draw the wrong way round...

Yep, Clive was indeed stood with us on the Barrow terraces. Less than 3 years later we are now cancelling a Man Utd game because we have to play a game against Everton. Unreal!!

Listened to 5live on the way home last night. Good they highlighted our win as one of the main shocks, but how many times did the presenter call us ‘League Two Lincoln City’?

Jack Payne is clearly a quality player, but 3/1 to score anytime!! :censor:
Last year his xG equated to a goal every four games; but he scored about every five or so games...
He takes on a lot of shots, which often won't come off; As for that miss last night...

Just seen a replay of the miss and it looked to bounce up against him just at the wrong time. And just in case if was purely his fault, well, the best time to make a mistake it when it doesn't matter and it didn't last night.

I had George Cain and Andy Booth as well going through my head to that particular soundtrack. Had a feeling all day we'd get some redemption for those last 2 visits.

I am loving the amount of helpings of revenge being served up cold by the Cowleys
I'm not one to hold a grudge but last night's victory goes a small way to redress the grievances from so many years ago. Finally beating Rotherham away redressed some of the misery inflicted on us over the years by them. To do two lots of Yorkies in their own backyards in the space of 3 days is fantastic.

I could list loads more examples of how the Cowley's have got us payback for many of the ignominious defeats inflicted on us down the years.

Order is gradually being restored to the universe. Top club in Lincs, highest placed returner to the Football League since the late 70s, leaving clubs behind like Yeovil, Morecambe, Stevenage, Crawley, Aldershot and Dagenham and Redbridge who all overtook us at some point.
Long may it continue under the Cowleys.