Match Thread Gills v Blackpool | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread Gills v Blackpool

Cant believe Burton have gone to oxford and spanked em......whats that about? Early days but were showing consistency

Cant believe Burton have gone to oxford and spanked em......whats that about? Early days but were showing consistency
Been at that game tonight (working in Oxford).

Oxford good going forward although not enough end product. Hopeless at the back though.

Burton a mix of being direct and knocking it about. Physical. Colin Daniel was at left back for them and was really bombing on first half. Burton's keeper's kicking is terrible and Jake Buxton is a big lad at the back.

A deserved win for Burton.

This was a bit different to last season happy to have got away with a draw particularly when two men down

The negatives.

Keeper isn't good enough I keep saying it. Wasn't really tested with crosses tonight but his kicking once again and with no wind issues was at best terrible.

Rocky by name and by nature very very poor positionally and choices. He tries perhaps too hard but he's not good enough so unless he turns out around like Feeney has done I can't see him playing again.

Self injury, Frenchie alone up front doesn't work

Tactics all over the place. Hoof ball most of the first half. We start playing football on the ground and score a quality goal

Nottingham, Anderton not good enough

Positives

Spearing very good and composed. Think he's much better than last season. A big player for us

Kaikai didn't get the ball enough but when they give it him there is an air of anticipation like when Wes was with us

Guy perhaps not fully fit bit gives us energy and is shrewd with passes

Tilt is a complete must sign for me. He has pace and guile

Glad to see Guy doing well, hopefully he can have a good run in the team now.

Random question but Hardie again an unused sub, is this just a case of he isn’t perhaps quite ready yet, the game doesn’t suit him or Larry doesn’t rate him or am I over thinking this one? Can you shed any light Eamonn.

Edit - 2-0 down and drawing 2-2 away from home is a brilliant result regardless of league position, to put us top is the icing on the cake. My 33/1 on us to win the league is looking good so far, shame we are only 4 games in ?. Rather be in our position than Southend’s though!!

Last night's subs were forced by injuries (Delf). Incompetence (Rocky) and knackered (Feeney)
I think Rocky was subbed because he was on a yellow and was trying his best to get a second one. He was crap in the first half but better in the second