Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City

Was going to say the same about Morrell. Won't be playing Wednesday unless he is only kept on the bench for Wales on Tuesday but he is starting to cement his place in their international team which is a great credit to him

MA angry & disappointed after that. Not one area of the performance up to standard. Says it all really. Roll on January.

Well, we didn’t deserve to win and our players didn’t look interested If only they had the courtesy to tell us beforehand they weren’t bothered a lot of fans could made better use of their time and money. No excuses, they’re professional footballers, it’s what they get paid to do.

I was so looking forward to this one as well.

Ah well onto the next one. Imp until I die!

Sounded very poor today. Frustrating after such a positive performance on Tuesday. Hopefully Ipswich aren’t interested on Wednesday as the £36k prize money will be very useful come January.

Yes, but Tuesday wasn’t important or a very physical test. This was the real thing.

After that it just confirmed that we will be in a scrap to avoid the unthinkable until the end of the season. Lucky in some ways that they can put it right on Wednesday, Ipswich will probably field another weakened side in an attempt to 'concentrate on the League' ! Got to make the most of any gifts they give us. We do need to get Bossie back asp.

As much as I want Morrell to do well playing for Wales, I do worry on his first half performance tonight that if he carry’s on, he might be alerting Bristol City to a January recall.

Thommo the dinosaur "I'd have these 2 strikers on my most wanted list"

Hitting WTF is he on about, a pair of lumps at best, honestly his time at Radio Lincs must be up sooner rather than later surely?

That is unfair to Thommo. On today's display, I'd have their two strikers any day over our two. We were powder puff up front, as we have been all season, whereas their two strikers bullied Connolly and Shackell until Bolger came on.

For the first time for a while, we were awful in midfield today too. Thankfully Morrell and O'Connor will be available for our next league game, although not for Wednesday. League points are becoming more and more vital to us, so that has to be the priority.

Thankfully Morrell and O'Connor will be available for our next league game, although not for Wednesday. League points are becoming more and more vital to us, so that has to be the priority.

Watching Wales now, Morrell looks class and completely at home alongside Bale & Wilson etc .... in fact he’s absolutely bossing the midfield compared to Chapman & Pett for The Imps today.

Last edited:
Watching Wales now, Morrell looks class and completely at home alongside Bale & Wilson etc .... in fact he’s absolutely bossing the midfield compared to Chapman & Pett for The Imps today.

Wales cruising, he's a proper little general in the middle, always available. Very good performance.

Wales cruising, he's a proper little general in the middle, always available. Very good performance.

In amongst the premier/champions league players on display, I thought he looked as good at his job as anyone. His completed passing rate must of been extremely high.

Morrell got second highest rating on the app I use, looking the biz in a midfield with two premier league stars, one from Madrid and another playing in CL with Leipzig. Crazy.

As much as I want Morrell to do well playing for Wales, I do worry on his first half performance tonight that if he carry’s on, he might be alerting Bristol City to a January recall.
Not sure how many international call up weekends are still to come but good player as he is no good if he misses so many games.