Match Thread: Gainsborough Trinity v Lincoln City XI | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Gainsborough Trinity v Lincoln City XI

It's been said that some players are injured. We can assume that those who have not played are those injured.
I really don't think that the club needs to make a daily announcement on this.
Very needy some people

I'm not a needy person sedge. As I said there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why these players are missing. If it was one or two players that were missing then probably nobody would give it a second thought but to have 7 or 8 missing at the same time without any reasons forthcoming from the club then I personally just find that slightly odd. Of course the club don't have to tell me or anyone else anything but we are led to believe these days that the club are a lot more open and honest with the fans that's the reason I find it a bit strange that there has been no news about any of them.

That Gainsborough Trinity teamsheet could be right up there with the Harry Anderson dinner party in terms of generating transfer rumours.

It's been said that some players are injured. We can assume that those who have not played are those injured.
I really don't think that the club needs to make a daily announcement on this.
Very needy some people
It does not need a daily announcement. It is typical to take a request to am extreme to ridicule the request. And it not needy to want to know something, and to not have to assume, something that there is no harm in knowing.

I'm also still a bit puzzled as to why trialists were allowed last night for an official cup match and how we don't seem to have even eleven fit players of any age now at the club.

I'm also still a bit puzzled as to why trialists were allowed last night for an official cup match and how we don't seem to have even eleven fit players of any age now at the club.

I think we have well over eleven fit players at the club, just that hardly any of them are defenders or likely first team keepers.

Perhaps playing in this heat would make injuries more likely to reoccur, so they aren't being risked? No idea if that's a genuine medical thing or not, just a thought.

Seems we had to borrow one of Gainsborough's trialists to make up a team. We didnt even have enough trialists. It's obviously the league that matters in 2 and a half weeks time, and i'm confident we will be ok, but the whole pre-season is far from perfect.
Looking forward to seeing Michael Appleton back more than anything.

Seems we had to borrow one of Gainsborough's trialists to make up a team. We didnt even have enough trialists. It's obviously the league that matters in 2 and a half weeks time, and i'm confident we will be ok, but the whole pre-season is far from perfect.
Looking forward to seeing Michael Appleton back more than anything.

Obviously pre season doesn't matter at all.
Except it is supposed to be preparation for season and preparation doesn't look ideal so far.
Good theory about covid isolating though. Younger lads may be especially susceptible to failing to keep safe and catching it