Match Thread - Fulham Home | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Fulham Home

Wow, what an exciting game!!!

First off I am going to say I think we caught Fulham on an "off day" surely a side that plays like that week in week out is not going to walk this division.

But that aside we were by far the better of the 2 teams, high work rate, harrying when out of possession and regularly poaching the ball from them, great use of the wide men, and plenty of running at players. The only area we were a little shy was the final touch, thankfully Bowler converted all of his effort into making 1 decent finish. The Tangerine faithful were brilliant all game, making a hell of a racket and great to see NC applauding them at the end.

2 Moments to never repeat please.

1. The corner along the floor that was dummy stepped over and gave them an easy break

2. The Stewart free kick

I couldn't watch it live at midnight here in Oz but they were showing a repeat here on Sunday at 2pm. Switched it on and.......

They've changed it to Blackburn v Luton!

WTF!

A fantastic win to kick start our season.
I thought it was our best performance for many a game and there were some standout performances.
Yes there are things to improve on but the sheer work rate and effort of this team was unbelievable.
I thought a couple of players looked fitter yesterday and the work rate of the Arsenal lad and Yates along with Keshi was unbelievable.

Anderson was my MOTm and by a country mile.
Putting Stewart infront of the defence offers something Marv and Keogh hadn't had so far this season, some additional protection and someone to take the ball off them rather than Keogh trying to take it over the halfway line.

Great to see Gabriel back in tangerine and although I thought he has had much better games for us his love and passion for the club was there for all of us to see at the end as he did a Delf and clapped all 3 stands of Pool fans.

Keogh apart from 1 blip alongside Marv looked solid.
Just how good is Marv by the way? Improving game on game and got his head to everything.

Wintle - after a couple of touches I thought we have a right player here. Looked to move the ball forward at every opportunity and played some fantastic passes.

Stewart - got some outstanding tackles in and does what he does best, links the back to the rest of the team. Do not over rule Garbutt though for a freekick out on the right on the edge of the box...

Bowler - fantastic goal which saved him from a couple of poor decisons in the crucial areas. When he doesn't have to think what to do he looks unplayable. On 85 though with Keshi stood fee 5yards out pass it FFS rather than going for glory. He is some find by NC.

Yates - looks desperate for a goal and worked his socks off.

TJJ - outstanding performance his best yet. I feel he has yet to win fans over but for me he makes some fantastic runs off the ball pulling defenders out of position that go unoticed. His effort was unbelievable and there's 1 physically fit lad there.

Keshi - outstanding game. Huge effort and again great level of fitness showed with his non-stop running. Great skill on the touchline that had a City mate watching as a neutral yesterday comparing him to Mahrez. Man of the match performance.

A mention for Lavery - how the hell does he beat a player over a foot taller to every header? he literally is salmon-esque with his jumping.
Again what a find by NC.

Lastly NC. I love when a manager shows passion. The on the pitch fist pumping, applauding fans in all stands shows a love for the place. King Billy-esque.

Great win, great day now let's follow it up on Tuesday.

A fantastic win to kick start our season.
I thought it was our best performance for many a game and there were some standout performances.
Yes there are things to improve on but the sheer work rate and effort of this team was unbelievable.
I thought a couple of players looked fitter yesterday and the work rate of the Arsenal lad and Yates along with Keshi was unbelievable.

Anderson was my MOTm and by a country mile.
Putting Stewart infront of the defence offers something Marv and Keogh hadn't had so far this season, some additional protection and someone to take the ball off them rather than Keogh trying to take it over the halfway line.

Great to see Gabriel back in tangerine and although I thought he has had much better games for us his love and passion for the club was there for all of us to see at the end as he did a Delf and clapped all 3 stands of Pool fans.

Keogh apart from 1 blip alongside Marv looked solid.
Just how good is Marv by the way? Improving game on game and got his head to everything.

Wintle - after a couple of touches I thought we have a right player here. Looked to move the ball forward at every opportunity and played some fantastic passes.

Stewart - got some outstanding tackles in and does what he does best, links the back to the rest of the team. Do not over rule Garbutt though for a freekick out on the right on the edge of the box...

Bowler - fantastic goal which saved him from a couple of poor decisons in the crucial areas. When he doesn't have to think what to do he looks unplayable. On 85 though with Keshi stood fee 5yards out pass it FFS rather than going for glory. He is some find by NC.

Yates - looks desperate for a goal and worked his socks off.

TJJ - outstanding performance his best yet. I feel he has yet to win fans over but for me he makes some fantastic runs off the ball pulling defenders out of position that go unoticed. His effort was unbelievable and there's 1 physically fit lad there.

Keshi - outstanding game. Huge effort and again great level of fitness showed with his non-stop running. Great skill on the touchline that had a City mate watching as a neutral yesterday comparing him to Mahrez. Man of the match performance.

A mention for Lavery - how the hell does he beat a player over a foot taller to every header? he literally is salmon-esque with his jumping.
Again what a find by NC.

Lastly NC. I love when a manager shows passion. The on the pitch fist pumping, applauding fans in all stands shows a love for the place. King Billy-esque.

Great win, great day now let's follow it up on Tuesday.
Agree with most of that.
I’ve been critical of Anderson in the past, in that he works hard but doesn’t actually do very much. I thought today he was just so more direct with his running, picking the ball up and getting into the box or byline as quick as he can. Superb performance.

I wonder whether Bowlers “style” has rubbed off on him a bit, though hopefully he would be able to pass to an open player 5 yards out if the role were reversed.